Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel stuck on

Robert Burton

Have a PC controller with 4.40 firmware. Have one channel with incan lights on it. Came home from work and noticed that the channel was on, just barely. Ran HU and it would light that channel up full. However when turned off, it still was dimly on.  Had this issue with LEDs before but not incan.s. Have not tried other lights on the same channel. It has been raining (a lot) here in Georgia, so not sure if water got into a cord or not.

Channel triac fried? 

Sounds like a triac heading south for the winter.. funny thing though.. I had that same issue the other day.  I shut the power off for a day and it cleared... You may also want to put a dummy load on the strings.  Most around here call them snubbers..

I had the same problem with one channel of LED's.   Really strange thing is, all I did was flip the plug around, kinda like reversing the polarity and it works fine now.  Never heard of that one before.

Or maybe it was just a co inky dink.

He said they were incandescent lights on that channel. A snubber won't help in this case.  It sounds like a triac.

Yep. Think it was a triac. Flipped the plug...nothing. Actually found another channel right next to it that had the same issue.

He said they were incandescent lights on that channel. A snubber won't help in this case.  It sounds like a triac.

That is what I get for reading without my glasses.. I completely missed that part..

It's a triac. With the rain it can trickle over the plugs and causes the triac to go out. Happened to 3 traics for me

• The topic was locked