Light-O-Rama Forums

PE to SE help

packen

Ok, so I finally got the time to play with PE. I created my prop(12 string pixel tree), I loaded one of my songs and got to playing and next thing you know, I had a sequence that I really like. The question is, how do I add the sequence I just made in PE into the SE sequence that I already have created for the same song? I've been reading but just get a little more confused the more I read. Can anybody help clear this up for me? I really like using PE, still have lots to learn.  Thanks.

Use File > Save from the PE menu to save the sequence for future editing...

Use File > Save Intensity Data to save the sequence in a form optimized for playback (this requires a PRO license). Close PE and open your sequence in SE. SE will detect the intensity data file and incorporate the data when you have control lights enabled in SE. Your lighting networks must be defined in the LOR Network Configuration tool. Also the LOR Control Panel must be open and running to play back on your lights.

One caveat: the lights that are controlled by PE must be on a DMX (USB or E1.31) network or on an ENHANCED LOR network.

Matt

Update. Thanks Matt. I did what you said and it worked perfectly.

Another question though, from the way I see it, I can no longer edit my PE file once its in SE, so if I edit the original sequence I created in PE, save file, then save intensity data, will it automatically overwrite the previously created intensity file and use my new one in SE?

Now, once I finally get a PE sequence I like, is it possible to share it with others? I assume I would just send the intensity data file? People here have helped me so much that I would like to pay it forward but haven't had much to share.

Thanks again

1) You can continue to edit the PE sequence. You just need to select File > Save Intensity Data again from the menu when you are ready to try it again in SE. I would recommend saving the intensity data file while SE is closed. Then re-open SE once the new intensity file has been created.

2) To share a PE sequence you would share both the LMS and the LPE files (not the intensity data file, which has a LID extension). The one thing to watch out for is that the picture and movie effects reference files outside of your sequence. So if you use those effects, you would also need to zip up the referenced picture and/or movie files too. Selecting Sequence > File References from the menu can give you quick visibility to which files those are. In a future PE version, we may add the capability to do the bundling for you (but not yet).

Matt

Thanks again.

I plan on looking into pictures, actually animated gifs if I can find any small enough to fit in my tree. I'm sure I will be asking more questions soon. Thanks again for your help. You have made my life a lot easier.

I made a 12 X 25 pixel matrix. Could only afford 3 units this year and thought that would be the best way to use them.

Thanks to Matt's tips and some creative juices I have quiet a few pics to flash on my screen. Santa, hippo, various tree fills, types of snow, candy cane doing the can can. One drum sequence where sticks move. Just to name a few.

Use Paint and create a pixel grid in your size and start coloring away. Save as .PNG

GLHF

Psjoe, not sure how to create a pixel grid and how do I know how big to make it? My tree is 12 strings, 50 pixels each. spaced 2 1/2 inches apart. Strings are 8" apart at the bottom and about 1" apart at the top. Any suggestions?

MS Paint. <new>  <resize>

change top dot to pixels, unclick maintain aspect ratio

I made my grid 12 X 25. Every time you open it you have to zoom in and it is still small to work on but gets the job done.

Paint it all black. I mark off sections with white dots and saved that file to reuse.

You can paint in any color. If you use white you can mix it with other effects in Effect Generator to give one pic many different effects.

I wont be touching movies :)