Light-O-Rama Forums

Squirrel Damage

plasmadrive

Been in our house 17 years, saw my first squirrel this weekend,   this doesn't sound good.

California takes a dim view of shooting any sort of fire arm off in city limits I believe

Probably the squirrels in my neighborhood are armed anyway

I can NOT believe that I made a Christmas Vacation reference and NO ONE picked up on it.  What is wrong with you people?   :P

Maybe "us people" just aren't that into Christmas Vacation.

I can NOT believe that I made a Christmas Vacation reference and NO ONE picked up on it.  What is wrong with you people?   :P

I knew i recognized that from some where.

• 1 month later...

Well, the tree rats got me again, good this time. I out a pumpkin out thought they would eat it and leave other things alone. Well it worked for awhile. They eat the pumpkin about half way. I guess they got tied and wanted to try something new, like a string of my ccp's. I hope I got the string back as it should be, and just returned from the sporting goods store with a new pellet rifle. Where is Eddie when you need him? LOL

Sorry Mike, I've never seen the movie...

anyone tried the jalapeno, a couple of the peppers in a spray bottle filled with water?  Or you could use ghost peppers, they can't chew on anything when they are blind. :)

there is a nasty little way to keep them away... and it just takes a couple times and they learn from it..

When I was a kid I remember a uncle that separated a electrical cord. attached a piece of re bar about a foot long to each end...

stuck it into the ground about a ft. wet the grass between it... plugged it in... worms came right to the top of the ground for his fishing trip...

He also did it a couple times when he had a raccoon problem and a ground squirrel problem....

just a couple times of doing it and they didn't come back..

Maybe set it up with a motion detector for the little buggers and see if that works.. just remember to turn it off before you go walking around between the stakes.

Me I use to have hundreds of tree rats/ here they are ground rats in s. ca. very few live in trees here depending on your location..

I have a couple cats... and good .22 pellet rifle with a small scope on it... and between the cats and me getting bored and sitting on the porch I very seldom see a rat, or rabbit either one in my yard anymore... they stay in my neighbors or down the road.. Only prob I have now...

I got rid of 4 but there is still one pesky racoon that think my pool is his or hers play area at about 3 in the morning... Just haven't got that sucker yet... but I will... unless the coyotes get it first..

there is a nasty little way to keep them away... and it just takes a couple times and they learn from it..

When I was a kid I remember a uncle that separated a electrical cord. attached a piece of re bar about a foot long to each end...

stuck it into the ground about a ft. wet the grass between it... plugged it in... worms came right to the top of the ground for his fishing trip...

He also did it a couple times when he had a raccoon problem and a ground squirrel problem....

just a couple times of doing it and they didn't come back..

Maybe set it up with a motion detector for the little buggers and see if that works.. just remember to turn it off before you go walking around between the stakes.

Me I use to have hundreds of tree rats/ here they are ground rats in s. ca. very few live in trees here depending on your location..

I have a couple cats... and good .22 pellet rifle with a small scope on it... and between the cats and me getting bored and sitting on the porch I very seldom see a rat, or rabbit either one in my yard anymore... they stay in my neighbors or down the road.. Only prob I have now...

I got rid of 4 but there is still one pesky racoon that think my pool is his or hers play area at about 3 in the morning... Just haven't got that sucker yet... but I will... unless the coyotes get it first..

I got a little SOB coon stealing my chickens. traps wont work because of the cats.Thinking it may be time to put a 2 litter bottle on the barrel of my .22 and sit outside at night and wait.

• The topic was locked