Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding CCP to sequences but they are not working

JoPau2014

New to the forums and have been looking around but I can't seem to find an answer.

I started last year with a Showtime Central Starter Package and a 16 channel controller.  I used the sequence editor and had 6 songs that played via the director and it was great.

This year I bought two CCP100D units that I want to add to the display.  The CCP's  are going to be in candy canes so there will be 4 candy canes.  I have updated the firmware and can see them in the hardware configuration utility.  I can daisy chain the two units together and I see them both and can test the lights from my laptop.  

I used pixel editor to integrate the new candy canes into my existing sequences.  When I play them in the pixel editor, everything shows up the way I want in the pixel editor visualizer.

When I try to set the pixel editor to control the lights so I can test them, the Pixel editor cannot connect to the control panel.  The sequence editor doesn't give me an error when I tell it to control the lights, but I can't test the CCP's from the sequence editor since I set them up in the Pixel editor.  (I think)  Everything worked last year on this laptop (visualizer, etc) before upgrading and adding these devices.  Of course I didnt use Pixel editor last year, but now the standalone visualizer wont show anything with the sequencer playing.  It lets me control the start and stop of the sequence editor, but nothing shows.  (I like the new version allowing you to start and stop the sequnce editor from the visualizer)

I set up the first CCP controller with the following setting:

Unit ID 0A 

Dual Mode (CCB with two unit ID's).  157 curcuit ID's each string  (Would this make string 2 Unit ID 0B?)

Channel Mode - Triples (RGB, RGB...)

Standalone SPeed - 9

Ribbon/String Parameters

1 - Number of end to end connected CCBs / CCRs

First Pixel is status indicator

CCP (Pixel) Color Correction

DMX Mode - Both Macro and RGB Channels

Second controller is Unit ID 0C which I would guess makes the second light string unit ID 0D.   All the rest of the settings are the same.

I set the props up to match those settings, but without being able to control the lights in the Pixel editor, I can't tell if it is correct.

What am I missing?

When I try to set the pixel editor to control the lights so I can test them, the Pixel editor cannot connect to the control panel.

Do you have the LOR Control Panel up and running?

What ver of SE and what is your license level?

4.2.10  Basic Plus Edition

Do you have the LOR Control Panel up and running?

Yes it is.

The Pixel Editor produces intensity data files, which can only be used to control the lights if you have a Pro license level.  Basic Plus won't work.

Ok, I will look at the Pro License.  Do you think that is what is preventing it from connecting to the control panel and controlling the lights?

Ok, I will look at the Pro License.  Do you think that is what is preventing it from connecting to the control panel and controlling the lights?

It's possible that there may be other things preventing it from controlling the lights, but the fact that you do not have a Pro license is definitely preventing it from controlling the lights.

I have the laptop with me but not the lights.  I upgraded to Pro and now I do not get the error in the Pixel editor.  I will check and see if the sequence works later tonight with all the settings I put into the props and controller.  Thank you!

It's possible that there may be other things preventing it from controlling the lights, but the fact that you do not have a Pro license is definitely preventing it from controlling the lights.

That was it.  I don't know how I missed that one.  I have turned into a user for sure...  Thank you for your help.

• The topic was locked