Light-O-Rama Forums

Could it be a fried controller?

Donl1150

So here is the deal…..

I have a fairly simple setup with 3 controllers - 48 channels.  I had the controllers all mounted on the garage wall and all channels were working fine but I had run out of extension cords (imagine that!) so I decided to re-locate the controllers to the middle of the lighting array inside a nice big wooden box that was decorated like a giant Christmas (Can I say that without offending anyone?- uhh, the answer is YES) present.  That way I could minimize my need for extensions and get all 48 channels lit.

So when I fired everything up, unit #1 was not lighting up channels 1-4 and also 13-16.  The middle channels were all working just fine.  Units 2 & 3 all worked perfectly with all 16 channels each.

Any thoughts?  The units are all only 3 years old but used only 1 season.  I first thought it was a fuse on the board but since each half was working for a portion, obviously the fuses are good.  Is it possible a chip on the board somehow got fried during my switch from the garage wall into the box?  I can’t picture that though since it was not energized during the switch. I am stumped. 

Go into Hardware Utility and turn all channels for that coroller, on, off and then back on. I did this the other day when I thought I had lost a channel but something cleared up and it started working  after doing the above.

Next you could plugs a working light into a non-working channel dongle and turn the channel on in HU, just to confirm you don't have extension wire issues.

Definitely not an extension issue.  I have turned all channels off/on to no avail.   LOR help desk is working on it.  They had me do a hard reset; i.e. relocate jumper, power up/down and then put jumper back.  Reset unit number then test.  Again to no avail.  Waiting to hear back from them on warranty potential, the unit has been used only 1 season.

• The topic was locked