Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic color pixels weather proof

ebrown1972

Just how weather proof are the cosmic color pixels? I'm not talking about the ribbons but rather the pixels with the green controller boxes. Specifically I want to know how weather proof the boxes are since this is my first year using them? Thanks in advance.

Eric

Seal the controller box using all the screws and fully seat the rubber plugs for the com cables.

Do those two things and you'll be fine.

My CCP controllers & strings faced rain, freezing rain, snow, more snow, more more snow, then freezing rain again, snow, with more freezing rain & snow with temperatures ranging from 40F to -40F.......one CCP controller was 16ft in the air for 7 months getting whatever weather comes it's way.  On saying that I did have two brand new ccp strings where two lights would stay on white for a few days, then go out & then come back on, go out, & then come on & stay on. Lor replaced them in January for me.

Nevertheless, Lor ccp strings are the only led lights I have up this year on the house, bushes, tree. Besides Lor is a great company that can be trusted to replace, or repair whatever they sell.

Edited by lightzilla

• The topic was locked