Light-O-Rama Forums

1602G3Mp3 Daisy Chain With CTB16PC G3 Question

Brucey

I just opened a ticket with the service desk but thought I'd throw this out there to see if I'm missing something.

My 1602G3w/MP3 and CTB16PC G3 just arrived.  I successfully upgraded the firmware on both devices and the 1602 is ID1 and the 16PC is ID2.

When I hookup my laptop to each of them individually and use the hardware utility, I can see them fine.  When I go from my laptop to the PC16 then daisy chain from there to the 1602, I see both units.  But if I go from my laptop to the 1602 then try to daisy chain over to the 16PC, I only see the 1602.

Is this the nature by default or do I have a bad second port on the 1602?  Also, I noticed that the LED's would only stay solid once my laptop was connected to the 16PC and then over to the 1602 but when I removed my laptop, the lights started blinking.  When I start using the SD card to control the 'show', will the network get established and the LED's become solid or will that not matter?

Sorry for the long question but just trying to figure out if I missed configuring something in the 1602 since it seems to work fine as the 'endpoint' just not the middleman.

If you are going to use the 1602Wg3-MP3 as a regular controller (meaning you are not using the MP3 portion of the device) then it needs to be at the *end* of the daisy chain. What are you seeing is normal. If you are going to use the director part of it, then everything is fine.

• The topic was locked