Light-O-Rama Forums

Issue with Cosmic Color Ribbon (DOA?!)

Army Lights

Hi everyone,

I want to post here before I try to go through a return process to see if there is possibly a chance there's something I'm doing wrong:

I purchased two CCRs during the spring sale and unboxed them both tonight as I started my decorating. One of them works beautifully. The one, when connected to the Hardware Utility, only responds in certain segments. The entire front end of the CCR is out, and there is a section that flickers on and off when I move it around. The rest of it responds normally to the Hardware utility commands. 

I've isolated the problem to the ribbon itself. I tested both CR150D controllers with both ribbons. Both work correctly with one ribbon and malfunction with the other ribbon. 

Did I get a bad CCR, or is there something I can do from my end to fix it? 

Should I be contacting customer service? 

Thanks!

Based on my (very quick) look at your message ... sounds like the one ribbon has issues.

Contact help desk. (Hint: Include your address in the initial ticket, will save a step.)

Based on my (very quick) look at your message ... sounds like the one ribbon has issues.

Contact help desk. (Hint: Include your address in the initial ticket, will save a step.)

Thanks Don. I kinda feared that's where this was going. I'm typing my help desk message right now. Thanks for the tip on the address.

• The topic was locked