Light-O-Rama Forums

Ideas for 2 CCRs

Army Lights

Hey everyone,

I'm delving into CCRs this year. As much as I would have loved to get 8 to do a huge tree or something, given their cost, I decided to get only 2 to start this year. So, my question is: Does anyone have any great ideas how to incorporate 2 CCRs into a Christmas show?\

So far, I'm considering:

• 2 PVC Circles
  • 2 RGB Arches (I already have 3 six-segment leaping arches made with wrapping traditional lights around PVC). 
  • Some sort of zig-zag Christmas tree
  • Just wrapping them around some trees for some cool effects
  • Doing a straight line across the top of my garage

Anyone have any ideas? Any videos of what you've done with just a couple CCRs?

Thanks as always!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's what I'm doing with my CCRs for 2016 Christmas:  I will put them around my windows.  

But, you might ask:  So what's new about that?  Well, my windows have no frames, but rather are recessed about 18" into my house (some architect designed that, but it looks cool).  And I have a stucco house -- so there is absolutely no where for me to mount strings or CCRs to the stucco.  I purchased clear polycarbonate rigid tubing, and will put the CCRs inside the clear rigid tubing.  This will protect the CCRs, and also give a more diffused look to the lights.  I got lucky in one respect:  The total perimeter of each of my six windows is just less than the 197" length of each CCR -- no splicing needed, and not very much waste.

I purchased the 7/8" ID x 1" OD x 1/16" Wall Clear Polycarbonate Rigid Tubing from www.eplastics.com .  $16.46 each for 8' length.  I need two tubes for each window, connected with elbows used for sch 40 PVC pipe (those will have to be opaque).

If this works, and I will let the forum know, I also will build arches using the clear rigid tubing.

Ed

• The topic was locked