Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC Controller not getting power - No Status Light

daddyalj

Help - I am setting up my display and was checking my controllers when I found 1 CTB16PC controller not being recognized. I went to the controller and opened the case and there is no ststus light lit. I tried changing power cords (extension cord) with the same results. I do not see any where that there is a fuse or fuses. I am lost on how to trouble shoot this.

Please help if you can. Thank you.

Alan Jones

I do not see any where that there is a fuse or fuses. I am lost on how to trouble shoot this.

Please help if you can. Thank you.

Alan Jones

Alan, you don't see two fuses at the bottom on each side? They are there. The right fuse provides the path for power to the controller board if I remember right.

Edited by Santas Helper
  • Like 1

Let us know Alan. And I made a correction in my post.

The fuse on the right side provides the path for power to the controller board LED.

• Like 1

OK, Update, I did find the fuses. They had plastic covers on them and I had surely missed them. Checked both fuses and both are still good.

Edited by daddyalj

So you checked and there is 110v on both sides of both fuses?

If so, then  it might be best to open a ticket. If it's not the fuses then I'm not sure.

• Like 1

I just used the ohms to test continuity through the fuses. I will go back out and plug it in and test for voltage. Thanks againg for taking your time to reply

Alan

Well at least if asked when reporting the problem, you can say, "yes there is voltage on both sides of both fuses. :)

• Like 1

Yes there is 120 volts on both sides of both fuses. I will make sure to mention that in my ticket.

Thanks Tom !

Your welcome Alan. Sorry I wasn't of much help.

BTW, you might want to buy spare fuses for the future if you haven't already. Nothing more upsetting than a blown fuse and no show because you didn't have a spare. :)

Been there and done that, or didn't do that. LOL

Edited by Santas Helper

• The topic was locked