Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Ribbon controller Id #s

Mwhite7097

I am adding a 12 ribbon tree to my display.  I have 10 regular LOR 16 channel controllers with Unit Ids 1-10.  I did not do Unit 0A for the 10th controller when I set the config years ago. 1-10 just seemed easier.   I have set up the CCR controllers as Units 0A-0F (for the 1st 6) and Units 1A-1F (For the last 6).  In watching Brian's tutorial on configuration, it says that I need to identify the 1st CCR controller and that the rest should be in sequential order.  Will my regular 16 channel controller with Unit ID #10 screw up that sequential order?  I am planning on keeping the Units 1-10 as my main network,  CCR Units 0A-0F as Aux A network and CCR Units 1A-1F as Aux B network.  Should I just put controller 10 somewhere after the CCR IDs?  I do plan to add 4 more 16 channel controllers next year.  Thanks.

If Brian says that they should be in sequential order then do it! Just find 12 ID's in a row somewhere after unit 10. All the ID's do are addresses which tell the data where it needs to go. Just don't forget to tell the hardware utility to look for through an increased number of unit ID's or they won't show up even if they're there.

Unless it's practical you don't need an aux b network to do this. I have roughly 20ish 1602's, 12 ccrs, 3 CMD24B's and 1 set of CCP's all on 2 networks and I'm fine. Aux A has half the CCR's, all 3 of the 24B's and the CCP's. The rest is all on the reg network.

You could also export to the Sequence Editor, but do so as a new file. Then copy/paste the events from the exported sequence to your current sequence.

Time saving tips:

New blank timing grid on both sequences.

Be sure to Paste By Time. (Even with the single cell you now have.)

A CCR controller merely needs a unique identifier (as does each 16 channel LOR controller).  The unique  ID for the first of 12 CCR controllers can begin anywhere.  I assume you can assign the first of 12 consecutive IDs to the first of 12 CCR controllers at a high enough level that would reserve the first, say, 24 consecutive IDs for LOR 16 channel controllers you may, or may not, have now.  Correct?  

Yes I will change the order of the CCRs.  I had given them what I thought was sequential order until I found out that "10" is not after "9" but after "0F".  Odd way of doing it but not difficult to change.  I am putting the CCRs at a much higher designation as I plan to add more 16 channel controllers every year.

Oilmoney, I was doing 3 networks because it was suggested that any more than 6 CCRs with many morphs on a single network might cause some lag.  I do have available USB ports and high speed adapters so I figured why not configure this way now and avoid any lagging problems.  Some of my controllers wouldn't work with the high speed adapters so I am leaving them on their own network, if that makes any sense.  Thanks for your help folks.

A Light-O-Rama unit ID is a hexadecimal number from 01 to F0. If they were decimal numbers, the ID would be from 1 to 240, but because they are hexidecimal, the IDs are 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20, and so on.

See: http://www.lightorama.com/help/configure_controller_unit_ids2.htm?zoom_highlightsub=controller+ID+order  

• The topic was locked