Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels for pixcon 16

ebrown1972

Any word on when LOR will offer pixel strings in their store for the pixcon 16? Also does anyone know if they will offer a power supply?

Thanks

As always we are slow.  Well, slow is not the correct word.  METHODICAL

Unlike other vendors who like to rush to market with products, we extensively test everything we make or sell.  We have very high standards when it comes to products and suppliers.  

I think it was about 5 years ago now we had a serious issue with build quality on a batch of our 16 channel controllers.  The factory we used, which had previously always sent us quality work, sent crud.  The failure rates were simply too high for us to sell them.  For many vendors the quality was 'good enough', but not for us.  The worst part was we had already gone through the summer sale -- technically almost all of the boards were already 'sold'.  Rather than ship 'good enough' we took the hit and had a different company, at a higher cost because it was a rush job, make controllers.  People were mad because of the delay.  BUT we would rather they be mad at us then get a inferior product.

Another example: A few years ago it took us several months to find a suitable power supply for our CMB24 packages.  Many vendors promised us power supplies that would work to -40 C/F.  We did not take their word for it and tested each and every one.  Finally we found one that would pass the test.  

The same is happening right now with Pixels and Power supplies.  We have had many factories send us samples and we will continue to test them until we are satisfied with the quality.  The same is true for Power Supplies for pixels--I believe we have selected a Vendor for those but rather than something generic, we are having something designed for us.

Quality takes time and costs money, but is usually worth it.

Thanks for the reply DevMike. I am willing to wait for a quality product and to me it seems lor has always had a quality product. I can't wait to see them when it's all figured out.

• The topic was locked