Light-O-Rama Forums

16 CCR Tree Sequences are so expensive. NEone 4 trading?

Danbo1998

So I am going to buy a few 16 strand sequences and make a few. Does anyone have any that they want to trade? I just spent my entire budget to but the hardware and now I need help doing cool stuff with it?  Who is in for a trade?

Hey Danbo.  Send me your email address and I will shoot some off.  I was in the same spot last year... and frankly I can totally see them being worth a lot, a lot of time put into them.  I made my own last year.  Got some and modified them for 16 this year and doing more as I speak.

my email is pat@septon.ca and of course would love to trade and swap with anyone.

• Like 1

Septon, if you have any your willing to share I would love to have, I just don't have any to return so I understand if you don't share. Thanks

Rick

Rickeysmall@verizon.net

• 4 weeks later...

I would appreciate some 16 ribbon sequences please. I just added this year and have very little. I have some to share created in instant sequence and xlights

roverdish@aol.com

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but as stated by Septon, anyone can see why purchased sequences are so expensive. Anyone that has done a pixel tree sequence on their own knows it takes a lot of patience and creativity, as well as time. As much as I would love some for myself I think it takes a little away from the work these gentlemen have done and continue to do for the community. Just my opinion.

Honestly I don't find them to be that expensive. I can work a little overtime and buy them, instead of spending 15-20 hours trying to make one sequence. Just my opinion

• Like 1

I'll add my comment in the cost of purchased 12 & 16 string sequences.  I bought five of Brian's sequences last year.  As sources for 12 & 16 string sequences go, Brian is one of the more expensive sources - AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!

I figure that provided I could even come up with creativity to imagine doing what Brian does (and I couldn't), it would easily take me 100 hours or more to duplicate one of his sequences.  That would make my savings by attempting to write a sequence under a dollar an hour.  My time is too valuable to waste that way.

I have recently been adapting Brian's Wizards In Winter to my yard.  That means I have to modify his 6 channel star to my 1,080 channel star, and then add a couple thousand additional channels.  i have not added it up, but I have 25 to 30 hours into the project.  That's plenty.

For me, I will buy most of the sequences and then largely add in the rest of my yard.

BTW, one other advantage of buying a couple sequences from the pros is it makes it easier to learn how certain effects are created.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

If you are still in the sharing mood, I would like to look at the sequences, I am trying to get into CCR this year and having some problems getting a handle on sequencing them.   Thanks in advance.

Kevin

My email is lorchristmas@gmail.com

My 2 cents...... If you think the SEQUENCES  are expensive than this hobby isn't for you.  Because the lights,  controllers,  wiring,  etc etc etc...... that go along with them are MUCH MUCH MUCH more expensive. Because if you buy either a DIY kit ( Holiday Coro )  or CCR's ( LOR ) you're spending anywhere from $800 to over $2,000 and then you're  not willing to shell out $35 to $60 for a pre-made sequence doesn't make sense.  So,  if your not willing to either do your own sequencing or buy some that are PROFESSIONALLY done then you should probably  find another hobby.  Myself,  I Purchase mine.  I am not ashamed to say that I HAVE NO TALENT when it comes to the creativity of making a sequence. Brian @Superstar Lights and the guys @ Holiday Sequences are GENIUSES when it come to this stuff.  I am more of a builder and love to put things together kinda guy.  So.... The money spent on the sequences is 1000000000% worth it.  So do yourself a favor and buy the sequences learn how they do it then start making your own.  Or like me buy them...... 

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.  

Edited by BMurray

Of the 10 songs slated to be in my show for 2016, eight have the pixel tree portion purchased, one was from someone else and I substantially modified it, and the last one is completely me.  I can't share the purchased ones at all.   Of the other two, one is Soldier Silent Night, and I can share (but it's nothing fancy), and the other one I could share, but you'll never find the music - it's my church choir and orchestra and I was the recording engineer for a somewhat unique arrangement of Hark! The Herold Angles Sing.

I can share the last two, but you will need to strip out the extra 3,000 channels from the rest of my yard, and put in your rest of the yard.  Also note, that in both cases, removing the rest of my yard will leave it boring at times.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2016 at 11:49 PM, k6ccc said:

Of the 10 songs slated to be in my show for 2016, eight have the pixel tree portion purchased, one was from someone else and I substantially modified it, and the last one is completely me.  I can't share the purchased ones at all.   Of the other two, one is Soldier Silent Night, and I can share (but it's nothing fancy), and the other one I could share, but you'll never find the music - it's my church choir and orchestra and I was the recording engineer for a somewhat unique arrangement of Hark! The Herold Angles Sing.

I can share the last two, but you will need to strip out the extra 3,000 channels from the rest of my yard, and put in your rest of the yard.  Also note, that in both cases, removing the rest of my yard will leave it boring at times.

would you be willing to share our Soldier Silent Night :)

thanks 

Mike

mdmennel@gmail.com

Edited by mdmennel

4 hours ago, mdmennel said:

would you be willing to share our Soldier Silent Night

I have sent the SuperStar .sup file.  I included both the "Real" and "Row" visualizations that go with it.  That will make it a lit easier to see what I am doing.  If you need the file exported to Sequence Editor, I can send that as well.

22 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I have sent the SuperStar .sup file.  I included both the "Real" and "Row" visualizations that go with it.  That will make it a lit easier to see what I am doing.  If you need the file exported to Sequence Editor, I can send that as well.

yes if you could that would be great

thanks