Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting sequencer colors to match - yellow looks green and other probs

Jay Czerwinski

When I sequence RGBs - like CCPs and CCFloods - and I choose yellow in sequencing, what I actually get is a greenish yellow.   I end up having to make a custom yellow where the GREEN setting is much much lower than selecting the color in the sequencer.  Ultimately, my sequencing colors look more orange than yellow.    Same goes for many other colors.

I can navigate around it by making my own colors in my library, but then it is hard to see in the sequencing what color really will be.  Example is that a real lighted orange and lighted red look almost identical in the sequencer and it is hard to see the difference between the two.   

Is there a way to help make this easier?  What do you do to get around or deal with this problem?

Thanks for sharing!

Do the colors look off in the sequence editor or have you actually done real time testing and the colors look off? I sequence with superstar and my colors look fine in real time testing but not in the sequence editor.

Do the colors look off in the sequence editor or have you actually done real time testing and the colors look off? I sequence with superstar and my colors look fine in real time testing but not in the sequence editor.

Unfortunately a lot of monitors do not display  colors accurately for critical color matching ...........Don't if this is the case here but there are monitor calibrators that can be used to get good color on you monitor ......also the video card can make a difference as to how we see color on the monitor  

Thanks guys for the advice and follow-up. What I mean is that in LOR sequencing on an RGB channel, I chose yellow from the selection tool and fill in a row on the sequencer. The setting show ted at 255 and green at 255. If I play that, the light outside looks very green. If in the next row make red 255 and green 50 and then play it, the lights outside look yellow. But then the problem is that in the sequencer that second row actually looks dark orange. (And probably the same in visualizer)

And then selecting orange in the software actually looks light a light yellow-orange. To get a Halloween orange , I need to change green to about 10-20 with the red 255. Now in the sequencer, the yellow and orange lines look almost identical. And a full red on a third line looks almost like the orange.

What I see in the sequencer is not what I get in the light.

Is anyone having this issue ??

I would think it is a power issue, but in my un modified CCRs I get the same results.

RGB lights vary.

My yellow always looks very green and I used two different strips from the same place on a window frame and part had a slightly different shade of green.

It is very hard to get the colours right. If you actually look at the lights and adjust the intensity levels you can get almost any colour though.

RGB lights vary.

My yellow always looks very green and I used two different strips from the same place on a window frame and part had a slightly different shade of green.

It is very hard to get the colours right. If you actually look at the lights and adjust the intensity levels you can get almost any colour though.

It just makes it so hard in seeing my sequences - like my orange and reds look the same and I can't tell where one starts and the other begins. Same with purple and blue. Wish there was a way to fix this so when I pick yellow in the sequencer, the light actually looks yellow. Or it looks purple instead of pink! :'-(

Edited by Jay Czerwinski

• The topic was locked