Light-O-Rama Forums

Residential series controllers that are Gen 3?

k6ccc

OK, this may just be a dumb question...

Currently I have two 16 channel residential series AC controllers and one of the ancient 8 channel AC controllers.  I know these are old enough that I can't run them on an enhanced network.  The rest of my controllers run just fine on an enhanced network.  For 2015 I am running the old controllers on a separate network that is not enhanced.  I am semi planning on replacing them for 2016 with Gen-3 controllers so I can sequence them together with the rest of my show and not have to do things different for them.  I have no need for the higher price tag for professional series controllers, but looking at the on-line store, I can't find any indication that the residential series controllers are G-2 or G-3.  The professional series controllers all specify that they are G-3, so the lack of that information on the residential controllers make me wonder.  I do recall that when the G3 controllers came out, it was said that the G-3 controllers would not be available in kit form (too bad).

So, my question is - are there residential series controllers available that are Gen-3?  If yes, which ones?

BTW, I'm thinking Spring sale...

Every fully assembled controller sold these days is Gen3. The PC controllers, (Ready to Go) came out in G3 format the same time Showtime Pro.

If it has a green status light (for an AC controller) it's Gen3.

Thanks Don.  I sort of suspected that, but it would be nice if the description said so like it does for professional series controllers.

OK, it's there.  Buried a bit, but it's there....

I stand corrected...

And yes, my reading glasses could use a good cleaning...  :)

Oh, it gets better.  I don't know where you got to that page you linked, but it you go to the lighting controllers section of the store and click on the residential series controllers you go to a different page that does NOT have any reference to being Gen-3...

http://store.lightorama.com/reseadct.html

So maybe my glasses are not that bad....  :)

• The topic was locked