Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing a channel / circuit, not acting right?

Robert Burton

Think that is the way I should say it. Here is the issue;

I had my "Tune To Sign" on Controller 13, channel 16. I moved it to Controller 3, channel 11. Saved it. Ran the sequence and it did not come on. Double checked to make sure the element in the sequence was "Completely On" and it was. Checked it in the Hardware Config and that channel / controller turns on correctly. It turns on with other sequences, just not one in particular. Ended up just running an extension cord to it and leaving it on. What might be the problem?

Running not the latest beta in S4 but the one before (sorry, can't remember the number).

Edited by Robert Burton

You must have overlooked something. If it turns on with other sequences then I'm betting you overlooked something in that channel config of that sequence.

I would double check that no other prop or lights are using that same controller/channel in the sequence in question. If not..double check that particular channel is really "on" right click on the row...click "select row"..right click again and select "on" The whole row from beginning to end should be filled with whatever color you have it assigned.

To add to what BMurray said: You can easily check whether any other channel is trying to control it by running the Verifier against that single sequence.  If some other channel is also trying to control it, the Verifier will warn you about a "channel conflict", and will tell you which channels are conflicting.

Well I found the problem. However I do not like the way the software handled it. Here is what we had;

I had my sequence for Halloween, with stuff for Christmas in it. I use a singing pumpkin with a controller I used at Christmas with it. I had a Snowflake on Controller 3 channel 11. That is also where I put the Radio Sign. I had deleted those Snowflakes in the upper tracks of the sequence, but not all the way down to track #12!  So there sat the Snowflake #2 with the same Controller and channel #. Nothing programmed or sequenced in it. I changed it to an odd ball Controller # and it played fine.

I understand the conflict thing, but you would think the programming for that controller and channel would take precedent. Guess that's not the way it works though. Thanks for the help everyone.

Robert, I might be a little confused on what you mentioned.

But I would keep the channel configurations for Christmas and Halloween separate. This way you can set up the Christmas channel config with out messing with the Halloween sequences and Halloween channel config without messing with Christmas sequences.