Light-O-Rama Forums

E682 not receiving data from LOR S3

hotwheelerguy2

Alright, so i'm having some trouble getting LOR S3 to control our RGB lights.  Last year everything ran fine, so I figured I would just be able to hook it up this year and everything would work, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. I can control the RGB pixel strips from the E682 test page, and from xlights, but not from LOR S3. Here is a list of how everything is set up, please let me know if anything looks wrong or if you need any more information.

• The E682 is set at IP address 169.254.74.73
  • I'm running multicast 
  • LOR comm listener is running (see screenshots for details)
  • Control lights is checked

I'm using the same channel configuration I was last year and it worked fine then, so that shouldn't be the issue. Thanks in advance to anyone who could be able to help me get this working, if you need any more information, just ask.          

Thanks again,              

Josh

post-16300-0-32717500-1446076212_thumb.p

post-16300-0-28256700-1446076216_thumb.p

If your IP address of your E682 is 169.254.74.73   than that is the IP address that should be in the network preferences in unicast, the numbers you have in the network what are they for?

If your IP address of your E682 is 169.254.74.73   than that is the IP address that should be in the network preferences in unicast, the numbers you have in the network what are they for?

I'm trying to run multicast, not unicast. Although I've tried unicast and can't get that to work either.

What is the IP of your computer?

Assuming your computer is running as a class C subnet (subnet mask of 255.255.255.0), that's not going to work. Even if your two network devices are on the same switch or even plugged directly into each other, if they are not on the same logical subnet, the computer is going to route the traffic to the default gateway. That's the way IP is supposed to work. Change either the IP address of the E682 or your computer so that the first three octets are the same and the last octet is different.

Assuming your computer is running as a class C subnet (subnet mask of 255.255.255.0), that's not going to work. Even if your two network devices are on the same switch or even plugged directly into each other, if they are not on the same logical subnet, the computer is going to route the traffic to the default gateway. That's the way IP is supposed to work. Change either the IP address of the E682 or your computer so that the first three octets are the same and the last octet is different.

are you saying the Sandevice should begin with 239....the same as in the LOR Network Preferences?

Edited by jimswinder

Crap...just found out my problem...in LOR Network Preferences I had everything set as Multicast...but just noticed the Sandevice was set as Unicast...

Mystery solved for me..

My subnet mask is showing as 255.255.0.0, not 255.255.255.0, on both my computer and the E682, so you are saying that I should change my subnet mask on my computer to 255.255.255.0?   Thanks again for your help.

My subnet mask is showing as 255.255.0.0, not 255.255.255.0, on both my computer and the E682, so you are saying that I should change my subnet mask on my computer to 255.255.255.0?   Thanks again for your help.

If both the computer and the E682 are using a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0, you should be fine. 

If both the computer and the E682 are using a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0, you should be fine. 

Yes, they are both using 255.255.0.0, unfortunately, LOR still isn't commmunicating with the E682. 

Sometimes it's useful to go back and read the thread from the beginning.  You state that you can communicate with the E682 to see the setup page on it.  Can you post a screen shot of that page.

Sometimes it's useful to go back and read the thread from the beginning.  You state that you can communicate with the E682 to see the setup page on it.  Can you post a screen shot of that page.

Sure thing, here it is

the test patterns work fine

Thanks again.

post-16300-0-65441900-1446423194_thumb.p

How do you have It setup in lor network preferences

I can't upload any more attachments, it says I have exceeded my allotted disk space, but my network settings are shown in the first picture in my first post in this thread.

The IP address of the e682 and the IP address in lor should be the same what's the IP address of your computer

Isn't that only true if you are running Unicast?  Mine aren't the same and it works fine...

Edited by jimswinder

True but he has IP address 's typed in then he needs to remove them

Are you speaking of the LOR Adapter/IP Address?  Because LOR puts those in automatically when you check Multicast.