Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Configuration

doakra

I searched for this, but couldn't find the answer.  I apologize if it has already been answered somewhere.

I am modifying several sequences.  My general process includes adding multiple channels to the top of the sequence in the editor and then changing all the existing channels to "no device type selected" in the channel configuration.  Is there a way to change them all at once or do I have to continue to do it one channel at a time?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, add your new channels to the BOTTOM of the existing channels.  The general recommendation is to use at least two tracks.  The first track is the master track.  You never remove anything from the master track and new channels are added to the bottom of the master track.  Copy the new channels to a working track.  You can re-arrange the channels in the working track (or tracks) to your heart's content.  Once you have a new year's configuration locked in, export the configuration and then import that config file into your other sequences.

Thanks for all the information.  The main track vs working track is still a bit confusing.

Is that saying I need to create a main track with my correct channel configurations and then never touch it again?  And then do everything in the working track?