Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie question on Pixel Editor

Robert Burton

Ok,

I put a sequence into pixel editor and added a pixel tree and another LOR prop.  Now I want to put it into my Show Editor to play it tonight. How do I get Show Editor to play it? 

Need step by step for a newbie who is out of time to get his Halloween show running!!!!

So you don't have a separate computer controlling your show -- you will be running the show from the computer where you've been sequencing?

Just confirming so I give you the correct instructions...

No. I do have a separate computer for my show computer. I sequence on another. Have no clue what to do. Part of it is trying to finish props...sequence on my lunch break...build at home. Guess I will have to check back here. Will plug away at supper time at this ;-)

Do I put it back into the SE and then run that? I opened up a .lms to get this started. Is that going to screw that up when I push the PE stuff back...or how does this work? I will also have .lms files that I will be playing in the show. Is that possible along with this PE file?

Edited by Robert Burton

If you imported your .lms file into PE before you seqenced your pixels  the all you have to do is .In PE save as an intensity file and when you open up SE it should be at the bottom of your channel list in SE.  But i also sequence on the same computer as my show computer.

Are you using Tracks in SE?  If you are it would be at the bottom of the last track .........It's just lines that show, a turquoise color and it says  PE PROPS  

Did you have control lights on in PE before you saved it ??  Also check in tools in SE and be sure the control light are checked there.

Edited by gmac

I did have control lights on in PE before saving. Also it is checked in SE to control the lights. I saved it on a thumb drive. Took it to my showtime computer. Ran it there. Nothing on the pixel tree. I also looked in the forums and saw this;

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/37549-save-intensity-data/

I do not have a file like that at the bottom of my last track. Yes. I do use tracks too.

What else?

Go To this video and around the 6:00 mark he explains what I did and it worked for me..........Sorry. maybe someone else smarter than me about this stuff may chime in.......

Go To this video and around the 6:00 mark he explains what I did and it worked for me..........Sorry. maybe someone else smarter than me about this stuff may chime in.......

Know that video well. Just looked at the 6:00 mark. It's not there.  I even went back and tried a different file. Saved the intensity data. Opened it in SE and no PE data is in any track. I'm not using the latest beta but am using 4.26 Pro.

Your even on a newer version than me I'm 4.1.2.........Sorry I have no other suggestions..........This may seem like a dumb question but you did import the .lms file into PE before sequencing you pixels Right?   That's all I can think of

Sure did GMAC. I am so brain fried on this. Trying to go back and read over forum post to see what I am missing. Wasn't sure if there was a step I was missing or what. It honestly doesn't seem to be.  And honestly it wasn't much I was adding. Kind bummed since I was only adding a couple of effects to a pixel tree that is not even being used in the display now. Had little pixel ghost (snowflakes hiding behind them) that I was going to throw in some effects on, but gave up on trying to get the pixcon controller to act right. Thought I would just wait till Christmas setup for that. At least they are rgb flooded as well. If I can get this working, at least that one prop (pixel tree) would get used. I was just throwing in fire on "I'm on fire" in this video. The skulls are now the ghosts and the pixel tree is over on the left now;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y90gFLAkI0&feature=youtu.be

Let's say that your SE file is Halloween.lms.

When you select File > Save from the PE menu, your PE sequence gets saved to Halloween.lpe, in the same directory as the lms file. The LPE file contains an editable version of your PE sequence.

When you select File > Save Intensity Data from the PE menu, it will create Halloween.lpe.lid, in the same directory as the lms file. The LID file contains a version of your sequence optimized for playback, and cannot be edited.

So on your show computer, you need a copy of your LMS file, the LID file, and the associated media file (MP3, WMA, etc). The LMS and LID files must be in the same directory and will be played back together by the Show Player.

Hope that helps,

Matt

FINALLY!

Worked on this for hours. THAT is the big difference. A LOT OF PEOPLE like me will be moving things back and forth. The trick is that you had to have EVERYTHING in one folder. I have seen that somewhere in the forum, tutorial video...somewhere just not sure where.  But when everything was put into ONE FOLDER the PE PROPS track showed up. Now to test it on the display. 

Oh wait. I have to wait till the wife wakes up. She complained last night the blinking lights kept her awake. Guess the black out curtains go up after work tonight ;-)

Thanks Matt.  Also now to work on the other thread question.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/37741-dumb-rgb-props-in-pe/