Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Audio Issues x3

Nonick22

I am using 3.12.2.  I have three seperate audio issues with the show this year.

First - When I enable the show and let it run there is one spot in the audio file that will just cut out for a second and a half then come back in.  Its always the same spot in the song.  sometimes if i disable the show and re enable the show it will go away and work correctly.  sometimes it will not.  the issue is always in the same place.   If i play the file with the sequence editor it works fine every time.  Has anyone seen this issue or know how i can fix it.

Second - When i connect the cat 5 cable between the usb interface and the controllers I get a hum in the left channel.  If i disconnect the cable the hum goes away.   my cat 5 and audio cables do not cross physically.

Third - This is more of a Windows 10 issue but i will mention it here.   My audio file is a stereo file.  I have some talking out the left and some out the right.   My Windows box is playing the audio mono.  Even with media player the computer plays everything is mono.   I looked and so far have been unable to find this setting.

I will update this topic if i find any of the answers myself.  Thanks everyone for you help.

Tom 

bclights.com

I don't have much to say about your second and third questions, but regarding your first:

When you say it "cuts out", do you mean the audio stops? Or the lights turn off? Or both?

the lights keep going.  its just the audio stops playing then picks back up where it should be.   the lights are fine.   My show is one 13 minute file that loops over and over.  its about 10 minutes into the file and always the same place when it does it.

Edited by Nonick22

yes This is using 128 at a CBR.   I verified this in WinAMP that displays the bit rate and it stayed at 128 thru the entire file.  even over the area that cuts out.

Edited by Nonick22

I found the answer to my third question.  This was a driver issue with the sound card and my HP laptop.  The manufacture was trying to account for the lack of volume in their device so they mixed the left and right channels to get more audio.   There were some registry setting I could change that fixed it.   if anyone else has this issue  you can fix it by.

in the run command type in "regedit"   (note messing is the registry is very dangerous to please back it up first if you dont know what your doing.)

then  browse down to 

hkey_local_machine

software

srs labs

apo

once there you will need to find all the entries that match exactly  {66E88EA2-A239-4e1f-82FF-2F45359AEC94},0   (Note the 0 at the end.  there are many that have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 that you will not touch)

I used the search feature to find them.  there were about 5 or 6.

when you find one open it for editing and change the 1 to a 0 in the hex field.

there is no need to reboot.  after you make the changed your audio will be stereo again.    The post does warn you that if you use the beats audio program to make adjustments it will set the values back to 1 and you will loose your audio again.   

that is one issue down.  two more to go.

I do not know if i can post links here but this is the post i used to fix the stereo/mono issue.  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/envy-17-headphones-in-mono-not-stereo/td-p/2901887