Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon 16 Not found by computer

Caleb Linburg

Just got my pixcon16 powered up and once it turns on, all I get is both lights blinking together and my computer can't find it in the Network Config program. That was plugged directly into my laptop and I also tried plugging it into the back of the router but the same thing still happens and the laptop connected to the network can't find it. Any ideas on what I could do to make them find each other? 

Edit:

Yes, I saw this on the documentation, but when I hook it up to a switch also, the lights do blink green and the 2 LEDs continue to blink together. 

Edited by Caleb Linburg

Ok I read over that, grabbed an extra router, turned off wifi and hooked the pixcon16 up to the back of it. I also plugged in my computer to the back of it. Then I turned on the pixcon which both the green and red leds blinked together then the red one stayed solid for a second while the green one blinked and then it goes back to them both blinking together. Ive tried a switch, my home router, an extra router and direct wired and so far have not seen anything besides this LED pattern. 

Your pixcon probably still has old 1.4.6 firmware on it, and that is confusing you.  The status lights work completely different on it -- it confuses me as well which is why we changed it for 1.4.8.  

Factory reset the board (don't put it into bootloader).  Let it start up hooked up to that router.  Now reboot the computer and let it start up.  If DHCP was enabled on your router/computer, you will now both have an IP that can talk to the other.  Ignore what those status lights are doing.  Start the Network Config program and update the firmware on it to 1.4.8.  Ensure you are running the newest version of S4 (4.2.6).

Things will look MUCH better.

That did the trick for me. Also I'm using parallels on my Mac and that changes the IP of the Windows VM completely different then what is assigned to the Mac. So I had to use a network card and bypass OSX with that card. But yeah, when I updated the firmware, that made it seem to work a lot better.

Good to hear it.  1.4.6 is stable, and the status lights have meanings, but the meanings are very difficult to interpret.  1.4.8 on the other hand greatly simplified how the lights work (I have to fight a long time for them!).

I am going to note the docs to remind people they should have 1.4.8 on the board.

• The topic was locked