Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Com Listener problems

gmac

When I try to start the HU I get the error that the port is in use when I follow the directions to shut com listener off  it doesn't work........It still says that the com 1 port is still in use ...what do I need to do?

I have to check out my LOR controllers  I'm using S4 ver4.1.2

You have to close down ALL LOR programs, including the control panel. Might even be a good idea to re-boot the PC.

When I try to start the HU I get the error that the port is in use when I follow the directions to shut com listener off  it doesn't work........It still says that the com 1 port is still in use ...what do I need to do?

I have to check out my LOR controllers  I'm using S4 ver4.1.2

What do you mean "when I follow the directions to shut com listener off"? The directions aren't telling you to shut the Comm Listener off.  What exactly are you doing?

Sounds like the Sequence Editor probably is in control. Like it was said above, shutting all the other LOR programs off will do the trick.

What do you mean "when I follow the directions to shut com listener off"? The directions aren't telling you to shut the Comm Listener off.  What exactly are you doing?

This is "EXACTLY WHAT I'M  DOING"....... I open HU and click the REFRESH button this is what I get

Attached are 2 screen shots .......It sure seemed to me that is what the directions stated

post-5437-0-95152300-1445118363_thumb.jppost-5437-0-71443600-1445118364_thumb.jp

I believe you also have a ticket open on this, and I asked you to perform some steps. It still appears that I can't convince you I know what I am doing.  You posted nearly the same thing here instead of performing those steps.

You may get better results sticking with a single point of contact.

I believe you also have a ticket open on this, and I asked you to perform some steps. It still appears that I can't convince you I know what I am doing.  You posted nearly the same thing here instead of performing those steps.

You may get better results sticking with a single point of contact.

That happened to be a reply to what he posted BEFORE I opened up the ticket. I just replied to his post showing screen shots to prove I wasn't making this up or seeing things.

BTW, I tried exactly what you said to do in your last reply to me  this morning and it didn't work.........

So, I started poking around the LOR support links and found a download for the USB485B firmware driver (I think that's what it's called) anyway, I downloaded it and WA LA the problem went away so far. Since I received the message that Com1 was in use (I assume com listener is using Com1) the new firmware left me with the option of selecting Com3 and when I selected that the HU was able to see the controllers.

Now, with that seemingly solved it presents another problem .........When performing what was previously stated, my Cat5 cable was connected directly to the USB485B and it worked (SO FAR).

I then tried the same thing in HU with my Light Linker attached to the USB495B and on Com3 and now it can't find the controller using com3 using Light Linker. FYI: The light linker Icon is visible at the bottom of HU in Com1 but not on Com3.

So, what do you guys suggest I do next?   I hope I provided enough information..... I'm also copying this to you in a support ticket in case you don't see this post.

I'm happy that you got it going, however if you had followed my troubleshooting steps as described we could have arrived at the conclusion that you needed to install the drivers much quicker - wasting a lot less time for everyone.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/23559-how-to-write-a-great-trouble-ticketforum-post-for-help/#entry302352

I'm happy that you got it going, however if you had followed my troubleshooting steps as described we could have arrived at the conclusion that you needed to install the drivers much quicker - wasting a lot less time for everyone.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/23559-how-to-write-a-great-trouble-ticketforum-post-for-help/#entry302352

I just don't understand ...........DID YOU READ MY FIRST SENTENCE ?  

"I said" ..........BTW, I tried exactly what you said to do in your last reply to me  this morning and it didn't work.........

It was Saturday morning, I didn't think you guys monitored the Trouble tickets........I also noticed you said nothing in your last post about the issue I still have with my Light LInkers.How do we solve that problem?