Light-O-Rama Forums

Ever go under the knife?

Santas Helper

I just had hernia surgery a couple weeks ago and still healing, then I wondered... How about you???

With our hobby, there is something bound to happen. But even without this hobby, what have you gone thru?

If it's related to our decorating hobby, please add a little detail.

For me it's:

Two wisdom teeth crushed, had to surgically remove them 1978
Nose surgery (hockey injury) 1979
Hernia surgery - right side 1981
Two more wisdom teeth in England 1986
Vasectomy 1992
Knee surgery - 1996

Hernia surgery - left side two weeks ago.

Coming up:
Heart valve replacement (tricuspid) in the next couple years or so.

Just curious... if you feel like sharing.

Had four wisdom teeth and four bicuspids removed in 1979.  Prior to getting braces.

Had my appendix removed in 2006.

That's all for me, but more than enough.

Jerry

Have a friend who does lights and is recovering from back surgery, won't be able to lift more than 5 or 10 pounds until next year.

I had hernia surgery a few years ago....didn't even know i had one it was found durring a cdl physical but now since the surgery i get random pain in that area...i wish i would have just left it alone.

I have been fortunate that I have not had spend a night in the hospital. But have had a few procedures. A vas back in 86, that will make you sweet bullets in a 68 degree room LOL. Twice when I was 50 the old scope on a rope. Then one when I was 51 and another 2 years later. Had 4 wisdoms pulled when I was about 28 yrs old. Went under for that. But you know a few months later I swear that I can remember some of the moving of my head around. Kind of like a dream you remember later. And about 4 years ago I suffered 4 DVT in my left calf. So now I am on warfin for life.

Been there, done that Max.  How often do you go in to get stuck?  Monthly?

I've had my share of broken bones, heart attacks, Bubonic plague and three lifetimes worth of dental work.  Other than that, the only knife that intentionally cut me was to insert my ICD.

Total Knee replacement right knee 2014 (greatest thing I ever did) Both knees have no cartlidge, but since the right knee replacement the left knee has calmed down alot. I don't hobble when I walk now. I am on ladders daily

Ulnar Nerve Surgery / Carpal Tunnel Left hand 2010

My days of dirt bike riding and all that fun stuff I did in my younger days have caught up to me.

Had 4 wisdoms pulled when I was about 28 yrs old. Went under for that. But you know a few months later I swear that I can remember some of the moving of my head around. Kind of like a dream you remember later.

When I had mine pulled, they used Sodium Penathol (truth serum) while I was under, I could still hear and had the sensation of what was going on in the room. At one point I could have sworn the dentist had a pair of vise grips on the tooth, standing on my face with both feet pulling for all he was worth, my head was flopping and someone holding my head in the chair while the dentist tugged. No pain, just an odd sensation. I don't recall dreaming about it later.

Alan...

I had the left side hernia surgery back in '02. Badly broke my right leg in 1995 but I refused surgery. It healed up nicely on its own. That's it for me, so far...lol

This is a fun thread. Ill chime in. Ive had broken ankle, broken shoulder blade, broke left collar bone 7 times, left collar bone 6 times, 2 seperate labrel shoulder surgery repairs and one full anterior shoulder reconstruction on right shoulder, 4 seperate laberal repairs 1 rotator cuff repair 1 bicep reattachment surgery 1 full anterior shoulder reconstruction and one lajerjet surgery(cut off acromium bone in top of shoulder and screwed to front of shoulder to keep shoulder in plce) all on left shoulder, dislocated knee with fractured shin, 4 broken fingers, and one broken toe.

But atleast i still have my lights!!

Oh, only injury from lights so far is a shattered ego last year when couldnt figure out why lights wouldnt come on and play, after awhile i figured out that you really do have to PLUG ALL CORDS INTO RECEPTICLE! Wife still thinks i had to do a "voltage reprogram" to my controller lmao

This is a fun thread. Ill chime in. Ive had broken ankle, broken shoulder blade, broke left collar bone 7 times, left collar bone 6 times, 2 seperate labrel shoulder surgery repairs and one full anterior shoulder reconstruction on right shoulder, 4 seperate laberal repairs 1 rotator cuff repair 1 bicep reattachment surgery 1 full anterior shoulder reconstruction and one lajerjet surgery(cut off acromium bone in top of shoulder and screwed to front of shoulder to keep shoulder in plce) all on left shoulder, dislocated knee with fractured shin, 4 broken fingers, and one broken toe.

Oh, only injury from lights so far is a shattered ego last year when couldnt figure out why lights wouldnt come on and play, after awhile i figured out that you really do have to PLUG ALL CORDS INTO RECEPTICLE! Wife still thinks i had to do a "voltage reprogram" to my controller lmao

Dang Stewart, I think you like hospital food more than I do. LOL :)

Broken left ankle (fibula) repaired with a plate and 6 screws in 2012, my first and last time on a snowboard!  Also my first stay in a hospital that wasn't work related!  Praying I don't fall off a ladder this year while perusing  my new found obsession / hobby.

Only once, died in the ER.  They resuscitated me and then did a quadruple by-pass.  Started doing LOR that year.  Maybe I saw that bright white light and figured there had to be a way to control it?!

Been there, done that Max.  How often do you go in to get stuck?  Monthly?

I've had my share of broken bones, heart attacks, Bubonic plague and three lifetimes worth of dental work.  Other than that, the only knife that intentionally cut me was to insert my ICD.

Monthly taking 6mg per day of Warfin. How about you?

Broken leg in 1950, tonsilectomy, broken hand due to car accident 1980, biopsy 2005 to determine cancer; bioipsy in 2006 to confirm cancer relapse after 5months chemo; countless bone marrow biopsies 2005 - 2007; stem cell transplant 2006; splenectomy in 2013; declared cured of cancer in 2014.  All required trips to hospitals and many required stays there.