Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Unit ID Anomaly?

Scott Tuthill

Working on a 100 bulb Cosmic Color Bulb set configured in Dual Normal Unit ID Mode. In the Hardware Utility I set the first unit to ID number 10 and did a Refresh. The refresh still only shows one Unit ID on the network. Is this normal? And yes I have the Max Unit ID set to 11 so the second unit should show up. Then investigating the CB100D in the Console shows this:

* With Unit ID 10 selected I can control the whole string. In other words channels 161-320 are still active and controlling the second string of lights.

* With Unit ID 11 selected channels 1-160 are controlling the second string of lights -- which is what I expected. So, this seems to suggest that a second Unit ID has been assigned, though I can't see it in the Hardware Utility.

So, it appears that there are two Unit ID's with separate channel numbers both controlling the second string of lights.

Is this the way it should work? At this point in time I am not sure if it is going to cause me any issues as I start sequencing.

And yes the CB100D has the latest firmware.

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

Scott

Sounds like they're working fine.  You won't see the second ID in the HU.  If your sequences have the correct unit ID in the channel configs all will be okay.

I am using 8 ccp controllers in duel normal mode, and in the hardware utility it only shows controllers 1-8. That is normal.

Replying to my own post here. Some of the issues relative to the behavior of the Console in the Hardware Utility were resolved when I upgraded to LOR 4.1.2. However I still only see one Unit ID when I refresh the network. Though, at this point, the CB100D is behaving like it has the expected second unit ID.

Scott

as mentioned, in duel mode you will not see the 2nd ID # in HWU.

example:  3 CCPs with ID # 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in duel mode will show ID# 1, 3, 5.

I am also new to CCB's and experienced this same dual ID issue.  All works well.  The next hurdle will be bulb one at the controller or at the other end and did you flip that during Unit ID setup.  "two flips equal no flip"  The bulbs are fun to work with, though and well worth the time to sequence.

• The topic was locked