Light-O-Rama Forums

Twinkle or Shimmer

Paul L Johnson

When using the Twinkle or Shimmer options is there any way to slow down this effect or is it pretty much stuck on ultra fast speed?

Sorry Don I just can not accept that answer.....  had to make some changes to LOR. 

LOL   the link here actually works just takes a second to load... 

http://1drv.ms/1FPc3IA

Edited by Paul L Johnson

It is an 8 foot tall candle.  I want to make the flame flicker LOR would only do the twinkle or shimmer at their super fast speed.  I had to slow the flame lights down.  The body of the candle is on channel 15 the flame is on 16.

Took the laptop to work and had one of our computer software guys write a program into my laptop.    I work for the Air Force we can do anything...... LOL

Took the laptop to work and had one of our computer software guys write a program into my laptop.    I work for the Air Force we can do anything...... LOL

So is that LOR controlling the twinkle/shimmer? Or the program your guy wrote?

LOR is actually controlling it.  The program just deletes random pulse signals.   Only on Controller 3 channel 16. 

Where is that tree mounted??? I can't work it out.

Are you sure that you really did that, or is it just a on-off sequence? I don't think that editing LOR software is allowed.

LOR is actually controlling it. The program just deletes random pulse signals. Only on Controller 3 channel 16.

IMO asking for trouble. Want that channel on in a different song & bang, off she goes and not a clue why.

I think he's pulling our leg or he is using DMX.  The timing of a shimmer or twinkle is completely controlled by the LOR controller (assuming it's a LOR controller running in LOR mode).  All the the show computer does is tell the controller to start a shimmer at whatever level and run it for X.XX seconds.  If the controller is running in DMX mode (either over RS-485 or E1.31), that changes everything because then the computer IS controlling every flash.

Yes.

The controllers do not get individual signals for shimmers and twinkles. They are just told when to start the effect and when to finish it.