Light-O-Rama Forums

Help... Please

Janda

Try the other RJ 45 port or check your Cat 5 cable. Could be a flakey port or a bad cable.

I am fairly certain the port is good but the cat5 cable I am not sure about it will have to try new tomorrow. I just can't seem to get HU to recognize the cmb controller

Edited by Janda

A good tool to have is at cat5 cable tester. Check on Amazon. There fairly cheap

Thanks Dennis I will do.  The real bummer here is this is my first year getting into this from a Mr Christmas box,  I of coarse thought this would be so much more fun, at this moment I must admit a little defeat has me fairly upset. I know my 32 channel's work but in my opinion the RGB's make the show. I think best case for me is to walk away for the night and hope someone see's this and knows the trick.  I will get some new cat5 at the hardware store tomorrow to see if any of that makes the difference.  Thanks to everyone so far for your input and help so far.

If you've never changed the unit ID on the CMB24D then it's still set as unit 01. That's the default setting EVERY controller is at when it/they leave LOR.

Sounds like you've got 3 controllers. They should be unit 01, 02, 03. Otherwise there will be conflicts everywhere and nothing will work like it should when they're all connected.

If it was working inside, and if it was also the only controller connected at that time, that's where my money says the problem is.

• Like 1

If you've never changed the unit ID on the CMB24D then it's still set as unit 01. That's the default setting EVERY controller is at when it/they leave LOR.

Sounds like you've got 3 controllers. They should be unit 01, 02, 03. Otherwise there will be conflicts everywhere and nothing will work like it should when they're all connected.

If it was working inside, and if it was also the only controller connected at that time, that's where my money says the problem is.

I thought the same thing, but when i tested them in the living room here at my house i didn't change anything daisy chained them together and boom strip one went nuts, I was so excited I went into the bedroom with a flashing strip of lights and woke my wife up.  Now its not working.   I dont know a thing about binary but thanks to Mr. P i found how to set channel 3. 

I tried one last thing.  I set up the HU to only the CMB board when i auto configure it says unit is found when i try to change from unit 1 to 3 it says it cant find the unit.  When I refresh unit config it says 0 units found.  Which is weird because when i have that same cable plugged into controlled one and daisy chained they find both unit 1 and 2 but not 3.  I am so lost feeling like i bit off to much.

Sorry for the inconsistent ramblings my brain is fried after trying to figure this out for 4 hours.

Stop fooling around with auto configure. That's not helping anything, nor should you ever need to use it under ordinary circumstances. When you plug each controller in individually, use the REFRESH button and each controller should have a unique unit ID.

After you've insured that each one does, close all open LOR programs and even re-boot your PC if you want. You can have only one program open at a time - either the HU or the Sequence Editor. Only one can be in control of the comm port at a time.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

Stop fooling around with auto configure. That's not helping anything, nor should you ever need to use it under ordinary circumstances. When you plug each controller in individually, use the REFRESH button and each controller should have a unique unit ID.

After you've insured that each one does, close all open LOR programs and even re-boot your PC if you want. You can have only one program open at a time - either the HU or the Sequence Editor. Only one can be in control of the comm port at a time.

I didn't know you couldn't use them at the same time this well could be the reason alone but who knows Owsley for sure please keep floating me ideas I will start fresh after work tomorrow Edited by Janda

This has been mention a few times....you need to set the cmb24d via the dip switches and not through the HU. After you change them, unplug the power. Plug back in and do the search for the controller.

The are little numbers on the dip switch 1-12. All should be set to 0 or off except for 8 and 9 for Unit ID 03.

• Like 1

YAY!!! well sort of... I have power and we have lights but only 4 of the 7 channels i am using are coming on and they are not changing colors they are either red green blue or pink... I will have to take a closer look at the controller make sure all things are correctly connected but not sure why they are not changing to orange like I politley asked them to do.  To many people to thank and more work to do but I am again excited about this hobby and feeling a little less defeated...

So what was it controller ID. Cable Do you have the channels in the sequence set up as RGB

I honestly think it was as simple as having the unit # other correctly set and having both HU and the Sequence Editor running at the same time, I took some time away rebooted the pc, started the sequence up and boom there it was

Now i need to figure out why i am missing a few channels now and its not changing to anything but red green or blue. It probably should be noted in visualizer the colors and channels are showing correct... is this because they are dumb strips?

Edited by Janda

Are the channels in the sequencer black

Yes they are.  Looks like i have a few o f the wires crossed figuring this out tonight.  So many little techinical things , i have to remind the big dumb animal in me to slow down and pay attention.