Light-O-Rama Forums

S4 to S3 questions

Robert Burton

Couple of questions. Some might not be transfer questions, but others will. Still new at the S4 stuff and working on it as time permits in little time chunks. I am running 4.22

Liked the LOR Pixel Editor Inro videos btw. Those were really helpful. Keep em' coming :-)

1) So everything has to be done in sequencer before going over to pixel editor is my understanding. No way to go back to sequence editor after doing anything in PE?  I presume you can do some editing in PE on non-pixel stuff after transferring? I'm talking about non-pixel stuff.

2) Can I keep some channels that might not be used in the show when I transfer to PE?  For some reason I thought I remember it had to be deleted out. For example, I would like to keep some snowflake channels I had in SE. I have moved to pixels on these snowflakes, but there are some standard "stuff" I would like to keep from SE and just recreate it on the pixel snowflakes. LOTS of effects I have used in times past I would like to use. Am I going to have to have two different versions (one in PE and one is SE) to accomplish this?  Same goes for my 24 strip x 40 pixel 180 tree. I have many effects on my incan mega tree I would like to keep and do the same as above. Last year I just created TONS of channels in SE and treated the sequences in that portion like "dumb strips". Gave me the same effect as the old mega tree sequence.

3) I would like the best of two worlds. Can I program in PE, bring in an effect in Xlights 4 and paste it in as I did last year? Worked well with how I had my channels laid out in S3 last year.

4) Are there other tutorials out there for S4 and PE?

Thanks