Light-O-Rama Forums

Matt I Need help

John (oldandslow)

I am running a horizontal matrix  16 strings of 45 pixels using a Sandevices E682

The controller is set up Universe 2 - 1

3 - 31

4 - 61

5 - 91

Using the pixel editor I brought in my sequence and chose the sequence editor .

I selected RGB, DMX, 16x45 for the matrix.

Now the problem. I cant set the universes and the amount of pixels in the dialog boxes to make all the lights work. This is where I need your help.

How do I set the  universes and the pixels start and stop?

Thanks for the help

John (oldandslow)

You set up the universes used by a prop in the Prop Definition window - on the right-hand side - in the Channels section. You will need to set Max Channels to 510, uncheck "Separate Universe # for each string", and set the "Univ #" in the first row to "2". If each of the 16 outputs on the E682 is connected to 45 pixels, you should be done.

However, based on your table, are you only using 4 outputs, with 180 pixels on each output? If so, then the number of strings is actually "4", the "RGB nodes per string" is "180", and the "# of folds in each string" is "3". As long as you get the first row of the channel grid correct, the rest of the rows will calculate automatically. See the attached screen shot -- notice that the universe and start channels match the values you listed.

If you have a unique configuration and need to manually enter the universe and start channel for each row, then click the "Individual start channels" checkbox. But in most cases, this shouldn't be necessary.

Matt

post-2660-0-72109200-1443071782_thumb.pn

Thanks matt, That worked fine.

I have two more questions. Can I copy a affect and paste is in the sequence editor or do I always have to use the pixel editor. Then Do I use the migration tool to bring the sequence into lor as that is where I run my shows from?

John

Edited by John (oldandslow)

To play your Pixel Editor sequence in the Sequence Editor or the Show Player: with your sequence open in the Pixel Editor select File > Save Intensity Data from the menu.

You can find more information by clicking Help > Contents from the Pixel Editor Menu. Then select the "Search" tab, and search for the words "intensity data".

You might also have a look at the Pixel Editor Introduction:

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/LOR-PixelEditorIntroduction.pdf

Hope that helps,

Matt

Thank You for that link. That helps me to understand as I was trying to use the program and play with the buttons to see what happens.

I now have something to go back to when I have a question.

I will have the link open on my laptop while I play with the program.

Again thanks for the help

John

Thanks everyone. I finally got the pixel editor to work and play in the sequence editor. The PDF really helped going through the steps., ;)

Now I want more effects. Hint Hint