Light-O-Rama Forums

mini director help!

bostonchris81

ok so I finally got to a point that I think I have all the sequences I need for halloween so I decided to save them to my SD card and take the  mini director for a test drive .Everything loaded to the SD fine ,I then put the card into the director ,the show started the first 2 sequences where good the 3rd was good till it hit the end of the sequence but the mp3 is longer then the sequence which I knew but in the editor the music just always ended when the sequence ended .So that was the first glitch. the next couple of sequences were fine then the next one started and half way through the lights just shut off and didnt turn back on till the next sequence started . 

any idea on what I can do to fix these 2 glitches ?

is there a way to shorten a mp3 file to match up with the length of the sequence file ??

any help would be greatley appreciated !

my kitchen looked like a dance club lastnight by the way lol can't wait to set it up outside !!!

Also, make sure that your audio is 128k constant bit rate or the miniDirector will have some issues with the audio.

Making sure of this will also help in your sequencing start / stops staying in timing.

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/Audacity_Lame_128KbpsRevA.pdf

For cutting the timing down, use the same program in the above link - Audacity. It's free.
And another forum member gets kicks outta helping people with audio & video. For free, Emmienlightfan will trim the audio for you.

How would one find this out ?

http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

But I personally would start with Audacity.

All your equipment is new, so unless you bought the miniDirector somewhere other than from LOR or a certified partner, it's 99% not a firmware issue.

Nope everything is out of the box new right from LOR . I will start with audacity and see what happens , also I will see what I have my bit rate set to. Thank you mega !

Nope everything is out of the box new right from LOR . I will start with audacity and see what happens , also I will see what I have my bit rate set to. Thank you mega !

The bit rate is song by song. Even Amazon downloads sometimes have issues.

Load up Audacity, "import-audio", then just "export" the audio. I change the song's name to something like "Christmas Song_Audicity.mp3" so I know I've ran it through.

Nothing fancy, just import / export.

Just takes 2 minutes per song (if you're slow & old like me..)

the 3rd was good till it hit the end of the sequence but the mp3 is longer then the sequence which I knew but in the editor the music just always ended when the sequence ended .

Create a new sequence with that audio file, and copy/paste your programming over to it. Having a sequence with music longer than the sequence will most likely cause problems.

Good to know , that is this weekends project to wrap up sequences again and put them on the sd card and hope that it works !

• The topic was locked