Light-O-Rama Forums

Help CMB 24d Issue

Box on Rails

I'm testing all my units for this year and I have found an issue with my CMB 24. The Red pixel on RGB Channel 8 (circuit 22) will not shut off. It stays on constantly at about 40%. only way I can get it to shut off is by unplugging the CMB24. once I plug it back in the red comes on immediately. I can't seem to find the problem. any Ideas form you experts would be appreciated.  

Sounds like a dead Mosfet.

It can be replaced and may be under warranty if it is.

Do you remember accidentally shorting a channel out? That almost always causes that. They can just randomly fail though.

I got sloppy and shorted out several channels on my cmb24d.  They did what you described...stays on at a lower intensity.  

I opened a helpdesk ticket with LOR and got a return autorization to sent it in for repairs.  Board was still under 1 year warrenty so they fixed my muck up.  I only had to pay the shipping costs.  Turn around was several weeks but they do say as you get closer to the holiday, the time could be longer.

Thanks guys. I just ordered a replacement board. I need it asap. My CMB24 is out of warrenty. I will check with LOR about the repair cost of fixing the broken one. It might be worth fixing. If not I could always use it for 7 RGB channels instead of 8. Thanks again.

Caught on LOR's warrenty page, a program of being able to trade in old hardware for new hardware.  Something like 50 percent create and doesn't matter how old or whether your hardware works or not.

Just quessing that LORmight have pretty reasonalbe repairs fees.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked