Light-O-Rama Forums

i made an unconventional "tune to" sign

portcity_gt

Is it DMX?

The old sign was made from led strings....it was too bright at 100%.

This new sign is fine at 100%,i dont have a "controllable" controller in it, its just the one that comes with the cheap ribbons with the remote.

Mine are the simple carboard with holes type to use standard incan mini lamps. It works although it does draw some power, however, each sequence, at the start, I fade them down to %30 so they don't glare in the viewer's eyes, then at the end of each sequence, I fade back up to %100. I like the cutout idea though!

A number of you "old timers" may have seen this one already, but my sign is 10 by 3 feet using Snap N Glow panels that allowed you to make letters using minis.  It had to be seen from 100 to 500 feet away with the placement  of my display with respect to the viewing points.  It gets attention because it alternates between two messages - "HEAR THE LIGHTS!" and "TUNE RADIO TO 88.5 FM".  It does require the use of 3 channels - one for the common lights between both messages, and a channel for each message that has unique pixels.  Today you can do this more simply (and more $$$$) with smart pixels or panels, but this sign dates back now 8 years.  The video shows the concept:

http://youtu.be/Ctg5XS-wOxI

Darn, FCC took and issued my FM frequency...now I have to change my signs. Check your radio frequencies to insure you are still good to go!

Darn, FCC took and issued my FM frequency...now I have to change my signs. Check your radio frequencies to insure you are still good to go!

WHAT and they didn't check with you first I think you should sue

• The topic was locked