Light-O-Rama Forums

looking for ccf firmware

wrohdejr

I just recieved my shipment from light o rama with some ccf's. The manual says to update the firmware with cf50d under the firmware section. But i don't see the file for ccf's! Any help i might just be to blind to see it!!

I'd have to research it more, but I don't think the CF50's have had a firmware update yet.

Unless something isn't working, I wouldn't worry about the firmware right now.

When i go to the hardware program i get a unrecognized device. The manual on page 19 says to download the cf50d firmware. I don't have that file on my computer and i am useing v 3.12

i just unboxed it and plugged it in. I haven't taken the back off to see if the red light is blinking. The hardware untility finds the device but labels it as  01 - Unknown Device ???

I don't have any firmware for the ccf on my computer.

Edited by wrohdejr

20150915_161352.jpg

Book says to download the ccf firmware from the lightorama website but its not there to download. The lights didn't ship with a disk for the firmware.

3.1.4? That's a fairly old version of the software. I would consider updating to something newer. The CFD50's weren't out back when 3.1.4 came out, so it's not going to show in the Hardware Utility.

If you turn on channels 1, 2 and 3 and the flood goes all white, then your good.

20150915_162043.jpg

I can turn the unit on and the lights work i just want to make sure i get the right firmware on it before i have head aches later!

Don can you see if the ccf firmware is in the 4.1.2 version. If so i might upgrade to that because i am going more rgb and i like the look of the new software for rgb stuff.

Edited by wrohdejr

There is no CCF Firmware update at this time.  They are shipping with the most recent firmware.

Your issue isn't a firmware problem, it's a problem with the age of your software.  As Don has said, you can ignore the error and the CCF will work just fine ina  sequence.

If you can't live with the 'Unknown Device' and want to stay with 3.12.2, go to the documentation page of the website and download the updated Device File, and follow the instructions to install it.  The 'Unknown device' thing will go away.

• Like 1

This thread can be closed by the admin. I see  now how it was set up. Just a fyi i would modify the manual that comes with the ccf 50 floods because i read it as i needed to download the firmware. I now see that the firmware on the board in the lights works fine.

• The topic was locked