Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and paste not working

shfr26

Have not done a display for two years and trying to get one going for this year.   Here is all the info and the problem.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium

LOR  version 3.8.2

Open a new musical sequence

Open a sequence from two years ago

Select an element, ie spiral tree all ten channels

Select copy row or shift end and copy

Go to new sequence and highlight first cell of spiral tree and hit paste

And then it is all messed up, does not copy it the same as the old seq,   Any ideas why??

In advance, thanks for the help in case I forget to say it later.  Hope I gave you all enough info to help me out.

I had a similar issue just last week. I tried copying a 12 ccr sequence then pasting it and it was all messed up and even different in color. I then did 1 row at a time and it worked fine. I also applied the 4 gig patch have not had any other problems. 

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Heck Bob, anything is possible I guess,  will check that out.      Ebrown 1972, have tried it one row at a time, about 20 seconds at a time, still all messed up.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, will see if they work.

Well, I guess Bob is the winner, went to "paste by time" and it seems to be working now.  I will test it out more later.  So Bob is the winner.   The check is in the mail sir.

Again Thanks,

P.S.    DO NOT take two years off and wait toooooo late to start.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to make "Paste by Time" the default so I don't have remember to go in and change it each time?

It used to be that the Sequence Editor would remember what the last used mode was, even between runs of the program.  It looks like there's now a bug that causes it to forget it, and therefore always use the default (which is "Paste by Cell").  This will be fixed in the next release.  Thanks for pointing it out.

No.  I suspect that's not a bug, it's just confusing:

There are actually two different settings at play here: (1) "View / Fades"; (2) "Edit / Preferences / Display Preferences / View Fades as Ramps by Default".  The former controls whether you are currently viewing fades as ramps or as colors.  The latter controls what the former will be set to whenever the program starts up.

If this doesn't explain what you're referring to, please let me know and I'll look into it.