Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and paste

ebrown1972

I am having an issue trying to paste my purchased 12 ccr sup file into my existing sequence. I have done this several times with no issues at all until now. I select the whole 12 ccr by dragging all the way to the end and then I select copy. I then open my tab on my existing sequence and make sure that paste by time is selected. I also make sure that I have the very most left cell selected where I have added all of my ccr's. I then select  the very left cell of the newly added ccr's and click paste. After a few seconds the effects are pasted in to the sequence. It has been as easy as that every time but for whatever reason this time is different. The pasted effects appear to be all chopped up and even different colors than the copied sup file. It looks nothing like the sup file and when played in the visualizer it is all messed up. Has anyone ran into this issue before? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks, Eric

BMurray Thanks for letting me know that. I did it one at a time and it took just fine. A little more of a pain but not too bad. No telling how long I would have messed with it before I tried that. Again, thanks. I appreciate it

No problem. Took me awhile to figure it out too. When I noticed the sequences were coming out all wrong on the tree and the colors were all off when I pasted them over. It also helps to have a blank regular LOR channel at the very bottom of the sequence you are pasting. I've found out that sometimes the last ccr that gets pasted doesn't show up. I'm not sure why. But the dummy channel works for me.

• Like 1

Also keep in mind when selecting a row that you don't have to click on the first cell and drag to the end of the row. All you have to do is right click on a cell then click on select row.

Edited by Mr. P

Mr.P thanks for the reminder because I was doing it the long way last night by dragging the whole row. I totally forgot about selecting each row.

S3 is the version I am using Saxon

It's important to note wether the sequence still has the 7 extra channels on the bottom of each CCR. That is the issue you are having. For example when you get sequences from holidaysequences. Some have them still in the sequence and some don't depending on who programmed it Dave or Chris.

Also if you dragging all the way to the end of the sequence to copy your making a difficult job for yourself. Just right click on the first cell in the CCR and then click on select row, then copy. That will copy that entire row.

I've had a similar issue but thought it was my mouse. I'll look at this again too and see if its a mouse issue or something else. Normally, I will select a group of rows, copy, then go to the destination and paste (paste by time) with no issue.