Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB50 in the wet

Davidt

G'day,

Could someone please advise if the power supply that comes with the RGB50 is waterproof / water resistant, or does it need to be mounted in another box to protect it from the weather?

Thanks in advance,

Davidt

• Comes with external weather proof power supply

Yes. I think it is the 200watt one they sell as an accessory. You can leave it outside.

Wait.

The 50watt RGB flood doesn't need an external power supply. The power supply is embedded with the flood head and connects to a standard 110 outlet.

The unit is outdoor rated at IP65.

That's true for the RGB flood but the new 50 watt black light has an external power supply that says it waterproof .

Never post before having coffee.

Yes, the floods do have an external power supply. Thanks for catching that, Dennis.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. My RGB50 floods arrived last night and the definitely have an external power supply. I was just seeking confirmation regarding the waterproofness (is that even a word?) of the external supply before I left them out in the weather.

Cheers.

Yes.  Weatherproof.  

I wouldn't try to run them under water, but in the rain/snow they will be just fine.

Snow? I'll bet there's a lot of Aussies who wish they had some snow for Christmas.

I wouldn't try to run them under water, but in the rain/snow they will be just fine.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the confirmation. I'll try to remember not to submerge them in the outdoor spa.

George, I have a snow maker, so of course we have snow at Christmas. Mind you I was working in Tasmania (most southern of the Australian states) about 20 years ago and it did snow on Christmas Day.

Cheers,

Davidt

• The topic was locked