Light-O-Rama Forums

Scheduled shows don't start

Greg T

Currently running LOR 1.5 to two boards CTB08 and CTB08D. It has worked fine for the past two years. There have been no changes since last year. This year it started up and ran as expected on the first night I turned it on. On the second and all following nights it does not start. Status indicates the show is enabled and running at the correct time but the lights are not on. I think that the computer is loosing connection to the controllers because I can dissable shows, go into the hardware utility and click on refresh which then finds and recognizes the two controller boards. I then exit and enable shows. Then the lights work. But only for one night. However this process only works if the scheduled show has already started. If I do the refresh in the morning before work, it apparently doesn't take or last till the start time in the evening. Any ideas?

Thanks

Greg

Greg,

You may want to check your power settings on the computer. If the computer is going into a power save mode it may be causing the comm to shutdown.

What adapter are you using? If the USB485 there are updated drivers available.

Also, Try simply disabling and re-enabling the shows, instead of going into the hardware utility. This will basically stop and restart the communications from the show player. It is my understanding from other posts that the hardware utility discovery is used only by the hardware utility. However there are some things written out when selected in the hardware utilitiy for use with other programs in the suite. One of those items is the comm port. But does not sound like you are having to find the comm port, but only doing a refresh to find the controllers.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck and Dan

Chuck - I checked the power settings and changed them to be always on and to never go to system standby. I also did the disable and enable. After following your suggestions it now seems to be working. However I now don't know which process worked. I guess I will have to tinker with it to find out. What I don't understand is that LOR is the only thing this computer does. The rest of the year it sits in the corner unplugged. I don't know how anything would have changed. (The wonder of windows I suppose. But I would not rule out operator error) Also its a serial adapter not usb.

Dan - The show is non-musical

Thanks All