Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Editor issue

Greyfox

I have the new E1.31 controller. I have mini sequences that I have constructed to test and get to know pixel editor to sequence editor relationship. The issue when I constructed a small sequence in sequence editor called (test Sequence) all was fine. Ct16pc controllers work great when I hit play. I can see the lights blink off the controller. Good so far. Now I open up pixel editor for my mega tree. the new E1.31 is hooked up and a few test strings attached. 4 strings @ 50 Pixels each all LOR products.  In pixel editor I open the sequence (Test Sequence) and setup up my channels and the mega tree. Ready to go . I see the music has imported, great. I program a short sequence and save it and play it in the little viewer great it all works great. Then I hit save intensity data which I think imports it into the sequence editor. Now if I go into sequence editor I see the cyan band across the bottom of my previous sequence I had programmed. Great thats the info from pixel editor transferred over. I press play only the old Ct16pc controller works great. Not the new E1.31. no lights at all. But if I close everything off and open control panel and press show on demand it ALL plays once and that's it. It should keep looping. But I should be able to view it easier than this. Am I doing something wrong. Also I was told that at this point I should be able to edit in sequence editor the pixel info that was transferred there for the mega tree. but there is no info to edit. Just the cyan band that says PE props and below it mega tree but no info I can edit. I need a bit of help here. The channels are good. The communication is good. I would like to edit the pixel editor info in sequencer after SAVE INTENSITY DATA has occurred. I'm wondering should I look for other software instead. Too bad I spent so much on S4 Pro. Thanks for any help.

The sequence you create in PE cannot be subsequently edited in the Sequence Editor. You can go the other way though - starting in the Sequence Editor and then migrating the work on your RGB props into PE.

What kinds of changes would you like to make to your PE sequence in the Sequence Editor?

Matt

I did something sort of similar a couple years ago in SuperStar. I can send you that file if desired.

• 2 weeks later...

i am trying to create snowflakes falling. Easy enough in PE but i would like them to build up on the bottom till the snow piles up. 

I've added this to my list of requested enhancements. Not sure when I will get to it though.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

i am trying to create snowflakes falling. Easy enough in PE but i would like them to build up on the bottom till the snow piles up. 

This is in the 4.2 beta released today. The "snowflake" effect has a new Accumulation parameter -- move it to the right to let the snow pile up!

One warning: in order to make this work, the meaning of the first and second selected colors on the palette have changed (just for the snowflake effect). The first color is now always the main color and the second color (if selected) is the highlight color.

Enjoy!

Matt