Light-O-Rama Forums

I can't get visualizer to show in sequence editor

zvacman

There should be a greenhorn newbie section. I can't get my picture of my visualization to load into the picture file of the sequence editor. I'm trying to write a sequence but I am more visual than musical. Is there a way to watch what I'm building as I build it? HELP! The only thing I haven't tried is to load the picture into paint and convert it somehow. HELP!

i think you have it set up like i do i use the ssvis. it does not work in the sequence editor all you have to do is open the ssvis and push the play button seconed row far left i hope this helps

superstar visulizer

spelling? i am also a newbie and could be completly wrong it is just an uneducated guess

are you trying to add a photo to vis or watch what you have done?

Edited by kingfish

Yes. I added all of my lights, strobes, and fixtures into the visualizer. I've named and assigned all 48 channels but can't get it to open anywhere but in the visualizer. It won't even open in SuperStar.

don't think open - with superstar you must import visualization.

in sequence editor, you don't open or import.

you open the visualizer and sequence editor. then push simulation mode button on the viz - then push play in editor

edit:

and/or read everything Mike posted above with his quick fingers...

Edited by Mega Arch

Tried everything in the getting started guide, still no go. I'm way too far into programming to start over.

Make sure your photo is in jpg format.  When you are in the visualizer go to Edit, background properties.  where it says Image Source -- click on the box to the right and find your file and select it.  You can then adjust the size in the box below the image source.  You can also adjust the intensity of the image as well as select grid lines if you desire.  HOpe that helps.

zvac

I am not sure I understand completely, but if I do, you are saying you can not simulate what you have sequenced so far in SE? meaning you created a visualization but when you run the sequence the simulation screen is blank?

Going off of S3, READ the tutorial in the help file under "my first visualization". There is a one time step that has to be preformed to "sync" your vis with the SE. Without this step you will only get a blank screen when you hit simulation mode and play your sequence. I do not know if this is the case for S4 but I would assume it is. Hope this helped.

~Matt

• Like 1

Frustration level is approaching the maximum! I uninstalled LOR, wiped out a weeks worth of visualization and sequencing work, reinstalled LOR, and did a small visual and sequence just to test it. Now I get a screen that says LOR is optimizing my photo, that screen stayed up for 118 minutes and 32 seconds before it totally crashed my computer. This may be a dumb question but, do I need to have my controllers programmed in before I can do any sequence/visualization work? This is my first year at this and I haven't gotten my order from LOR yet. I do appreciate all of the help that has been offered and I have tried everyone's suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help.

Do you have a good PC?

Loading the picture doesn't need any controllers to be programmed in.

You are using the visualiser and not the animation in the sequence editor, arnt you????

Frustration level is approaching the maximum! I uninstalled LOR, wiped out a weeks worth of visualization and sequencing work, reinstalled LOR, and did a small visual and sequence just to test it. Now I get a screen that says LOR is optimizing my photo, that screen stayed up for 118 minutes and 32 seconds before it totally crashed my computer. This may be a dumb question but, do I need to have my controllers programmed in before I can do any sequence/visualization work? This is my first year at this and I haven't gotten my order from LOR yet. I do appreciate all of the help that has been offered and I have tried everyone's suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help.

What size graphic are you trying to use? 

Also, uninstalling the LOR software shouldn't have wiped out your data directories. None the less, I would always suggest a backup before you do any software removal. 

No, you don't need the hardware connected to the computer to program.

Emm,

I am using an old retired Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista. Everything I've read here and elsewhere said that an old PC should work fine.

Don,

The photo is 1200 by whatever the sizer made the other size. I uninstalled everything just to make sure I didn't have something wrong causing my problems. I didn't want to back up corrupted data.

I'd be thinking something is going on with the computer. While 1200 could be considered a large pixel size for some machines, it's one that (in my opinion) shouldn't crash the visualizer. I'd try making a copy of the file and resizing it to 600px or so, just to see if that's causing a problem.

And while older computers are great at running the show, the more processing power you have for programming comes in very handy.

you can always put in a help ticket at the help desk at LOR. Those folks are good and  they can access your computer remotely if needed.

in the mean time, try to just draw a couple of light strings in the vis, no picture, sync your vis as I mentioned before, throw on a few effects, hit simulation, and play the test sequence.

Old computers are good for running the show after it has been programmed. You need a good PC to acctually sequence and program stuff, especially pixels.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of having extra high powered computers laying around, if this laptop doesn't cut it I guess I'm out of luck. Thank you everyone for the input and suggestions. The one thing I'm not certain I did right (or the terminology is simply just different) and that is "synching" the seq and vis.