Light-O-Rama Forums

Stupid Canadian Dollar

wensteve

I will whine with you Wendi, its tough trying to budget additions to the display with our shrinking dollar and flat economy here in northern Alberta. Guess we will need to open a US dollar account and do some saving if or when our dollar gets closer to par.  I know what I will be asking for from Santa this year :D

I just slip mine into the rolls I roll every 5 or 6 months when i roll up all my change. I go shopping or buy something... there is a jar nest to my main easy Lazy Boy Recliner... I empty all my pocket change into it...

I find that after about 6 months or so I usually have collected about 80 to 100 dollars in change...

Got a cheap change counter at Harbor Freight... Counts it and puts it in change rollers.. It Also counts and doesent seperate canadin coins. If it does happen to miss a few i just replace them in a roll before using them to pay for something at Wally World... or some other place that probably gave it to me to start with.

Give it to Taco Bell. Mcdees, or someplace... they arent going to open it and count it or check all the coins..

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed on one of my controllers that it says "Made in Canda" is that just the outer box or is the whole controller actually made here in Canada? That would be a real kick in the butt if it was made here, then shipped to the US to be then shipped back to me at extremely high rates.

I will whine with you Wendi, its tough trying to budget additions to the display with our shrinking dollar and flat economy here in northern Alberta. Guess we will need to open a US dollar account and do some saving if or when our dollar gets closer to par.  I know what I will be asking for from Santa this year :D

I actually just opened a US account at my bank for this very reason, maybe by next year this time I will actually be able to put something in it. Haha

Maybe we all should switch over to the EURO....

Both our governments were for all of Europe doing it...

Why didnt the UK and north america join in as much as we( Meaning the Governments and not actually us) supported it.

.( Just Joking)

or am I ... hahaha

• The topic was locked