Light-O-Rama Forums

Stupid Canadian Dollar

wensteve

I went to order 2 CCPixel 100 pixel sets with controllers that are on sale for $189.00US and got all the way to the chekout where I'm told by Paypal that the total Canadian amount would be $497.00 Before Shipping.

:( Not fair.

Stupid Canadian Dollar messing with my Holiday plans.  Where are all my Canadian Peeps at to whine and pout with me this morning? 

yMDKv.jpg

Edited by wensteve

need to find someone in the US that will meet you at the border and throw the packages over the imaginary fence!!  lol

sounds like you need to fly down south and make some friends on the s side of your border so they can pass things threw the fence to you ... Or get a post office box across the border for your vacation trips a couple times a year.. in Montana or another close north state to you.

Western Australia need to make some us military friends that are stationed there.... APO/FPO etc. address ship like same to a state side address

Edited by Old Sarge

need to find someone in the US that will meet you at the border and throw the packages over the imaginary fence!!  lol

sounds like you need to fly down south and make some friends on the s side of your border so they can pass things threw the fence to you .

This will only help with the import duties/taxes we pay.

The bigger issue right now is the exchange rate. The rate Right now is $1.31 Canadian for $1 US Dollar plus Paypal/banks/credit cards charge a couple % to exchange on top of that!!! :angry:

Wow! in Canada you have to pay the Paypal, bank and credit card fees? In the U.S. the vendors are responsible for those fees.

Wow! in Canada you have to pay the Paypal, bank and credit card fees? In the U.S. the vendors are responsible for those fees.

What I mean is that if the exchange rate was $1.31 then PayPal / banks charge $1.35 The difference is a service fee to convert the currency. I think this would be true even for those in the US. You guys are just lucky that most products are priced in US dollars so this doesn't even come up.

Another note. I don't pay the PayPal or credit card fees. The vendor is responsible for those but it is built into the price somewhere.

I'm looking to get 2 ccr's controllers and 2 red high speed rj45 jacks   so take in the u s dollar , shipping fee's , duties fee's , plus the cost of import fee's from what  ever courier you are going to use and it's about  $ 357 TO  $ 400 dollars canadian  just for the above mentioned objects  Blair  

Maybe you could convince all of Canada to become the 51st State in the U.S.?   Problem Solved! LOL

I know it's terrible the way things cost when you have to purchase them across the border {outside of the U.S. or your own non-U.S. country}, personally I've never quite understood why we still DO NOT have a "UNIVERSAL CURRENCY" as yet, especially with all the other political correctness bullsh*t we have going on today, because if we did have a "UNIVERSAL CURRENCY", then this issue would go away for everyone, no matter where they are!   Too me, the cost should be the same no matter where you are on Planet Earth!

Yeah Canadian money is a pain, especially when the drive-thru gives you change back and in there is a Canadian quarter they snuck in......BRUTAL!!!!

B.Y.R.G.  Ever since they started refusing to take Canadian coins here, I look at every coin I get back, and if some Cashier tries to palm off a Canadian coin on me, they'll get it right back!    If they refuse to accept them, I refuse to take them too!

Wow. Sounds like Canadian money is a real problem in Florida. Sorry to hear it, Orv.

I bet it's all them snowbirds from Canada, that show up in the winter, polluting our cash pool!!

Yea, well at least you don't need to worry if you have a heart attack.  Or a hangnail (even if that may take an extra week).

There are a lot of really good singers in Canada. I also know some really nice people up there - some even on this forum. Sorry to hear the exchange rate may keep your show from being as big as you may like it to be.

Please feel free to send me all the ucky Canadian money you find!

Don't feel sorry for us Canadians, most of us LOVE it here and wouldn't live any where else!

Not a big issue here Don, but if you try to give one back to a cashier that just gave you change for another purchase you had just made, they refuse to take it back, so now I look at the coins they place in my hand BEFORE I put them in my pocket, being on a "fixed income", I have to count every penny I spend at the moment.  

So if I get one, and it's still in my hand, I will make the cashier give me an American coin, because you can't get rid of them in Florida, if you get one and don't notice it, you're stuck with it.    Used to NOT be a problem using them, but several years ago, Florida stopped allowing businesses to accept them.    

So if they happen to get one and give it to me, I just give it back, that's all.

That Canadian dime, nickel or quarter I get may have to pay the taxes on another purchase, so if the business won't take it AFTER palming it off to me, well, that's why I now refuse to accept them and look my coinage over very carefully now.   I even had one cashier try and hand me a MEXICAN PESO for change one day, and those sure aren't usable either in the US.   Don't know how that ended up in her cash register, but I wasn't about to accept it!   Like said, got to watch every penny I spend at the moment, so I can't afford "foreign" currency I can't use!