Light-O-Rama Forums

Smart pixel controller recommendations

beckntrav

I want to get into pixels and am exploring which controller to go with. I think I have it narrowed down to the E682 or the F16v2. From what I've read they are on pretty even playing fields. I'm afraid my decision is coming down to price. For about $20 more I can buy two E682's shipped to my door in kit form over what one of the Falcon controllers costs. Is there a logical reason to spend nearly double on the Falcons? I have watched a ton of videos on both controllers. I have seen several members that have both kinds, none of which have shown any preference either way. If anyone has any info as to which one to go with I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Z

I have built three E682s, and two E6804s, and expect to build at least a couple more this year. As long as you are good at soldering through hole chips and components, you will be fine with the kit. Never played with the Falcon, so I can't compare.

I want to get into pixels and am exploring which controller to go with. I think I have it narrowed down to the E682 or the F16v2. From what I've read they are on pretty even playing fields. I'm afraid my decision is coming down to price. For about $20 more I can buy two E682's shipped to my door in kit form over what one of the Falcon controllers costs. Is there a logical reason to spend nearly double on the Falcons? I have watched a ton of videos on both controllers. I have seen several members that have both kinds, none of which have shown any preference either way. If anyone has any info as to which one to go with I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Z

I only have Sandevice controllers now one e682 and 4 e6804.  I think a couple advantages of the F16v2 is the 64 universes, control each output independently, and the virtual strings.

Two e682's can recrive 12k channels (6k each), falcon can receive 32k channels. E682 sets string type and rgb order in groups of 4 ports, falcon can set yhose on a per port basis. Falcon has a built in oled display and e1.31 monitor, this spring falcon has differential expansion biard allowing lights to be 400' away. If i dpnt need the extra stuff and will be under 12k channels the e682 is rock solid. Did u also look at pixcon controller (16k channels)? I have a website showing controllers http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/rgb_controllers/