Light-O-Rama Forums

Candy canes

beckntrav

Maybe I just got a cheap or weak batch... I had like 10 of the singles that wally world sold about 5 years ago...

I have about 50 in my display lining my walkway along my parking in front of my garage to my front door to the house.. some are the older wall-mart single ones and some are the groups of three..

I had them in a plastic container stored in my storage shed.... but the temps did get up to 115 last summer.... and last year when i took them out about half had  straightened out on the curved ends and looked more like an L shape..

Get the wife with the hair dryer and you with two oven mitts. You hold and she fans the outside with hair dryer on highest setting. When it softens, bend to shape and hold for a minute after she removes the hair dryer from cane. Course the electric bill might be higher than just buying new ones.

I pulled the light strings out... put the ends in my hot tub for about 10 min and they slowly bent back... but my hot tub to is set for about 115... I think it is actually more close to about 120 with the s. Cali. 105 degree outside sun beating down on it ...