Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't Cut/Paste Into Prop Grid

dragonzpneuma

I followed the proper procedures for mapping a new model.  Created the graphic in Powerpoint.  Imported into Excel and laid out the pixel locations.  Selected all pixels and did a copy.  Went into the prop grid and input the proper horizontal and vertical number of cells.  Tried to do a paste and nothing happened.  Tried it several different times and several different ways with no success.  Is there something special to this process that I'm missing here?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

1) When you do the paste into the custom grid, select the upper left cell in the custom grid first (on my computer it gets highlighted in a blue color), then click the paste button above the grid.

2) If that doesn't work, try pasting from Excel into MS Notepad. What do you see? You should have a row in Notepad for every row you are copying, and cells should be separated by tabs (the tabs aren't visible, but if you move around in Notepad using the arrow keys on the keyboard, you should see the cursor jump).

Matt

• Like 1

Finally got it to work Matt.  For some reason if I attempted a paste into the grid that did not work, the data would drop off as if I'd never copied it.  I don't think it was a Pixel Editor issue.  User ineptitude I guess LOL.  Many thanks for the help.

Keith

• 1 month later...