Light-O-Rama Forums

Intensity Files and Firmware

Chris A

I am using Software version 4.0.38 pro.

I am sequencing my pixels using the pixel editor and creating intensity files.

I will have CCR's sequenced with the pixel editor as well and creating intensity files.

I will sequence all my leds using sequence editor.

I have a 16B16DV5 blue board running firmware 4.20 everything else is CTB16PC V1.

All my leds run on LOR networks and all pixels run on DMX through San Devices E682.

Do I need to update the firmware in all of my controllers to use the LOR Enhanced Networks?

Do I need to use LOR Enhanced Networks for my set up?

I have always believed if the controllers are working leave the firmware alone.

Thanks, Chris

Your DMX pixels are fine.

Are the CCR's running on an LOR network or a DMX network? If LOR, are they on the same network as your led's?

Matt

LOR Enhanced protocol is only available for Generation 3 controllers.  That includes all Cosmic Color Pixel devices, the 50W Cosmic Color flood, G3 AC controllers (they have G3 in their names), CMB24, and Pixcon16.  Some G3 controllers will require a firmware update to work properly with ELOR protocol.

Your CTB16D and CTB16PCV1 are not Generation 3 devices, and so there will be no firmware updates for them for ELOR.  You will not be able to run them on the same network or control them with LOR Enhanced protocol.    You will need to split them off onto a separate network, and you cannot control them using Intensity files.

Ok I understand most of that, it does clear up some confusion.

Now let me see if I understand. I create a sequence in pixel editor and only use it to sequence pixels. I then create a intensity file. I then open the sequence editor and finish sequencing my ccr's and regular led's. All of my controllers are on a lor network and all of my pixels are on a dmx network controlled by a San devices e682. Am I assuming correctly that the information will go where it needs to go and I don't need to run lor enhanced protocol or am I completely wrong?

Thanks Chris

In your original post you said the CCR's would be sequenced using the Pixel Editor. If so, then they must be on an enhanced LOR network (or run in DMX mode).

Matt

Yes Matt, after reading Mike's post it appeared to me that I had to take the CCR's out of the intensity file to get them to work with my set up.

I created a test sequence with led's sequenced in SE and pixels sequenced in PE. I saved the intensity file and everything looks great in PE preview. I created a test show with the file and the led's worked fine but the pixels did not light up. I am using E1.31 for the pixels. My question is did I not configure something correctly, although the same set-up worked last year or will E1.31 not read a intensity file?

Yes the Control panel was on, but I don't see the comm listener anywhere. On my regular computer when I start the control panel the comm listener automatically comes on. Since I installed S4 to my show computer I am not seeing the comm listener come on. When I run the my test show or the sequence ditor and control lights, i'm getting all the regular lights to come on but not any DMX.

Then you have not set up your E1.31 networks properly in the Network Configuration for that computer, or you are using an unregistered (or less than Advanced) version of the software.

Net Cfg is per computer, it does not come across with sequences/etc.  If you have advanced or higher, you can export a net config from one and import it to the other.  But be careful doing so:  Adapters and IP addresses have a tendency to change between 2 computers.

I have no doubt that I could have set up my network config incorrect, however I am using the exact same network config as last year with no issues. The software is registered with a pro license. Is there any reason why the comm listener would not come on with the control panel?

One other case in which the Comm Listener won't come on is when the Listener port is set to zero in Network Config.  I doubt that's the case here, but might as well check:

Open up Network Config, click on the "DMX" tab, and look in the "Listener Port" section for what the "COMM Listener Port" value is set to. If it's set to zero, set it to something else (8837 is the default), and click "OK".

Also, does the Control Panel's status window show any interesting log messages?

8837 is showing as the COMM listener Port.

Control panel status looks normal to me.

Show player starting

schedule loaded

initializing LOR Networks

LOR network initialized

Show player initialized

Could you please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an email with the following information:

(1) This thread's URL, which is:

forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/36348-intensity-files-and-firmware/

(2) Your forum username.

(3) The output of the LOR Diagnostic utility.

• The topic was locked