Light-O-Rama Forums

I am looking for dead USB485B units.

Papa6058

Mine stopped working, so I opened it and it has a fried IC. I am hoping to find one that has a different problem so I can build a good one. LOR does not have the components for the USB485B. I will gladly pay shipping or if you have the ability to remove the IC I need and send just that, well that would rock!

Papa

This is what I need

USB485B_zpsf078mblc.jpg

I opened one of mine and the part you are looking for is an LM2662M. I looked on Mouser, Newark and Digikey's websites and they have some variation of that unit, but the only way to get the exact part is to order 285 at a clip, uneconomical, it's probably just easier to purchase a new unit. Plus, that unit is pretty bug tight, I don't think a bug zapped it, so it probably has other problems also. Good luck,

Bill

Edited by bisquit476

Wish we had a schematic so to figure out how this happened. I'm thinking either forced reversal of the USB or connecting a TCPIP port to the RS485 port by accident. Was there any lightning out there the last time this was used?

I opened one of mine and the part you are looking for is an LM2662M. I looked on Mouser, Newark and Digikey's websites and they have some variation of that unit, but the only way to get the exact part is to order 285 at a clip, uneconomical, it's probably just easier to purchase a new unit. Plus, that unit is pretty bug tight, I don't think a bug zapped it, so it probably has other problems also. Good luck,

Bill

Thank you Bill for looking up the part. It is very possible that I will miss the 2015 season without getting into it I just won't be able to replace it this year.

Papa

Wish we had a schematic so to figure out how this happened. I'm thinking either forced reversal of the USB or connecting a TCPIP port to the RS485 port by accident. Was there any lightning out there the last time this was used?

Neither of those are possible, I am leaning on it just gave up the ghost.

Papa

Papa,

I'll order you a new one when I'm buying more controllers during the Summer Sale.

So just keep on sequencing for now - your show will go on.

• Like 1

I sent him the one I'm not using so that he could verify his setup, so he's good for now. I can't speak for him but who knows...he might or might not take you up on that offer. As I mentioned to him, we all try to help each other as we can. He's having issues today, trying to login to this site for unknown reasons but I'm sure he's reading the posts.

• Like 1

Papa,

If a USB adapter would end up holding you up for running your 2015 show, I will stand in line to make sure you are able to run your show.  As Mega said, keep sequencing...

• Like 1

Papa,

I'll order you a new one when I'm buying more controllers during the Summer Sale.

Thank you brother

Papa

I sent him the one I'm not using so that he could verify his setup, so he's good for now. I can't speak for him but who knows...he might or might not take you up on that offer. As I mentioned to him, we all try to help each other as we can. He's having issues today, trying to login to this site for unknown reasons but I'm sure he's reading the posts.

I seam to be back on here

Thank you David

Papa,

If a USB adapter would end up holding you up for running your 2015 show, I will stand in line to make sure you are able to run your show.  As Mega said, keep sequencing...

Thank you also my friend!

Papa

• 4 weeks later...

Papa,

see below

Papa,

Since the summer sale starts in a few days I need to post this.

Hey guys thanks for the offer, but David (dgrant) told me to just keep the one he sent me. I am up and running! With that said and with the care I have taken of mine I would suggest that this is a part that everyone should have a spare of. If we can't get a signal from our computers to our controllers we can't make the lights blink!

Again thank you to everyone that helped, offered to help and for all the friends I have here!

Papa

• Like 1

I would still like to have any that anyone maybe considering throwing out. I like working on electronics.

Papa

• The topic was locked