Light-O-Rama Forums

One Channel stopped working and what version do I have and Visualizer messa

Old Sarge

I know... someone will say this was answered on the forums and that I probably put it in the wrong place ... But I Couldnt Find it... I Did look..

I have a controller that was just used for Christmas 2014, it was purchased last sept and I got it in Oct I think.. One channel stopped working.... I do not know how to check it other then plug in lights and run it all seems to work except for channel 13... 

Do I need to send to to LOR or is there a way for me to check it?

Also I would like to know how do I check to see if I need to run Hardware/software updates. I have no idea how to see what version of LOR I am running for what versions are running on my controllers.. 

I have updated and now have 5 controllers I do know how to set the channel/controller numbers1-5 so that is no problem..

I just don't know if they need updating or not.

also Do I need to Update My Lor/ Super Star Sequencer etc. I have also noticed when I start my super Star Seq I get a message pops up saying 

Warning: Visualiser DrawPoints size of 200 excedded for fixture {Star Background}, remaining Drawpoints not loaded.    

Can anyone tell me what that means and how do I get rid of it and is it causing me any problems?

You don't have to plug in all the lights. Just pluf one set of lights into CH 13 then go into the Hardware Utility and turn on CH 13. if it is just the one channel that has been affected then it is probably a bad triac. They are easy to replace if you have basic soldering skills.

As far as the updating hardware, my philosophy is if it does what I want and it ain't broke then don't mess with it.

Edited by Mr. P

Also I would like to know how do I check to see if I need to run Hardware/software updates. I have no idea how to see what version of LOR I am running for what versions are running on my controllers.. 

At the top of the screen when you have LOR sequence editor running you will see the version of software.

Should say something like "Light-O-Rama Sequence Editor v3.11.2 Advanced"

As for your controllers when you search for your controllers with the hardware utility, in the select unit dropdown it will show you the unit id & the firmware version of each controller that it sees. ( I didn't have any connected at the time of this screencap ) 

post-4140-0-75434000-1435620753_thumb.jp

Try resetting your controller as per your manual (different controllers are done differently). This may fix your channel issue. If not, time for a trip to the mother ship for repair.

ok... I will try the different things I was told here... I  don't have time tonight but will do it tomorrow,,,

Thanks all.. I will let you know here what happened..

I did open up a LOR ticket just in case I need to send the controller back in... It is sill under warranty as I just got it last October..

I had a triac go bad this last season. The light plugged into that channel would stay on and not flash or blink. I sent into LOR and they fixed it at no cost to me except shipping. The unit was not under warranty either. They will take care of you!

I would still try the reset!

It isn't working.

I e-mailed LOR and asked them how and what I need to do to send it back.

I do not want to start trying repairs myself on it.. I am not into electronics repair, soldering small parts etc.

Years ago maybe but my eyes aren't what they use to be and I just don't feel like messing with it. I rather pay someone to fix it that knows what they are doing.

Plus.. I have no idea what a triac is.. and If I am not sure something is the problem I am not going to play the guessing game..

I had rather just wait for LOR to answer me on how to send it to them etc.

Hopefully they will send me the return info and not another e maillike this one:

A Light-O-Rama help desk staff member has replied to your request, #262756 with the following response:

Hmmmm.  Not much to go on.  What type of controller do you have?

We hope this has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please login to your account at the address below for a complete archive of all your help desk requests and responses. 

But thanks to all who gave the different advice on it.

• The topic was locked