Light-O-Rama Forums

My email was Hijacked

Ron Boyd

Mike, better text me first. If I don't have your number in my phone and it's a number I don't recognize, I'll reject the call.

Ron, we are simply making the case for everyone who uses computers here other than just you alone. Good safety rules for everyone. Yes, it can happen to anyone at anytime. Maybe someone else used this particular computer when you didn't know it or maybe it was a new virus/bug the AV companies hadn't seen yet...new ones are fast and bad. I was hacked once...so far...but I reverse-hacked them back and went after them. I got it down to an address in China where they were operating from, then I "might" have remotely trashed them but only after I "might" have printed out a message on their printer that they chose the wrong person to mess with and politely asked they leave me alone.

Hackers these days are after money or sending spam which will generate money or so they hope. Not too many are after "bragging rights" as the risks are too great. The more serious ones are after military and governmental things but those people won't be here on LOR unless someone is doing lights on an aircraft carrier to music!

Sorry guys, I never really thought about it that way. I guess that's just the old timers disease kicking in to think it was all pointed at me.

Yes this is good info for everybody and I apologize if I came across in a negative way.

You might need to teach me that trick about getting them back. That's something I had not thought about learning how to.

no problem... I learned the hard way when I first got on computers and have went to a lot of classes sense then about it and read a lot.

I know I sometime can go on and on about some thing but i think that is part of the Military in me because so many BLOCK in the heads in the military just don't listen...lol

hey aircraft light to music.... 

Ft Hood years ago when I was there...I don't know if they still do or not... Christmas eve they use to do fly overs around the housing areas pulling a Santa and Sleigh and Rain deer  light up hanging down under it.. and on loud speaker saying merry Christmas etc.

• The topic was locked