Light-O-Rama Forums

Something I have noticed.. about sharing things.

Old Sarge

Thank you ..

I got it but couldnt figure out how to actually get a download to work... It was all like note pad format or something...  I downloaded the one referenced that I sent you and when I opened it I had no idea what it was...lol

I dont know how drop boxes work but I am going to try to make a drop box for stuff..

Edited by Old Sarge

There are two ways of downloading the easiest to use is right click the file that you want from the drop-down menu select Save Target As. From there it opens another box which you can't change the filename and the location that it downloads to. If you get it downloaded and it opens up as a XML file that is Internet Explorer changing the file extension. Use Chrome to open it up and download there won't be a problem.

Edited by Ebuechner

thank you sir may I have another. ( Animal House reference). Sarge I emailed you the link.

At least I didn't put you on Double Secret Probation! :P

The only way I can respond to that is. Toga......toga.....toga......toga. also you understand what character that makes you.

A cool feature for Audacity would be....

Remember edlin and some other really old tools? You could go and modify the file and record all your mods, then later play them back.

This was used to crack copy protection on video games so you didn't have to have the disc in the computer. Very annoying to people that actually bought the game. So to crack the game you just passed a simple script with the commands necessary to "edit" the binary so it essentially jumped over this check.

Wouldn't be nice if for Audacity you could start with a base file, then edit it, chop pieces out, add things in, and Audacity recorded all the changes. That way when sharing sequences we could say, go buy x song from wherever, then run this mod script through Audacity and poof you have the same thing and you didn't have to pirate any music in the process.

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2015 at 6:54 PM, Ebuechner said:

When I share I put it on an FTP site that way I don't have to spend extra time emailing to people. Sarge sent me some files that I really appreciated. One that I liked was it's a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong. Sarge you mentioned about getting criticism I was afraid to do so not wanting to hurt anybody's feelings. I took the file It's a Wonderful World and tweked the mouth movements to better fit the timing as well as the eye blinking. If you would like to see my modified file I would be more than happy to send it back to you. I also modified some of the mouth movements to make them look a little more natural in my opinion. I've also received some files from people who seem to be able to complete a sequence in one night. Then they're all too willing to share with everybody. I think this is done just to get recognition. I've received some of these files just to find them to be absolutely terrible. I do appreciate the people who put time into a sequence then are willing to share with others. I try to keep in mind that the quality of a sequence is all a matter of perspective.

Do you have a copy of "Its a wonderful World" with the Singing Trees?  Isfyou do I would appreciate a copy.  drvss1966@gmail.com

Thank you,

Scott

I also have benefited greatly from shared sequences and modified them for my applications. I always say thank you in advance but have to admit that I do not send a email back. So to all that shared their Sequences to me A VERY BIG THANK YOU.

I have in returned share mine whenever I notice someone requesting one that I have.

Thanks again.

Old Sarge - one of the best. I'm sure I will owe you a small fortune after all is said and done.

You just cant imagine the excitement in my childrens faces and eyes when they see those trees and bulbs singing.

I cant say it enough

THANK YOU

Don't let me forget a few others as well

Orville, Mega Arch, B.Y.R.G  and Sax

Orville being the first holiday decorating guy to assist me with my singing pumpkins. Spent hours on the phone. THANK YOU

Honorable mention to Staudenmier  (a newbie just like me) - we almost got it fixored!

Thanks to everyone