Light-O-Rama Forums

What Does The Fox....

Dcroc

....have to do with Christmas or Halloween?  Why is "What Does The Fox Say" so popular with sequence sellers?  Really just a bad song, and I don't know one person that actually likes it. What's the deal with it?

Nothing.  It's a piece of crap song that was for a while insanely popular with some age range well younger than me.  Because it was so popular, a number of people wrote sequences for it.  Personally I thought the best one was done by someone here.  It did the first 45 seconds or so and then the sound of a needle dragging across a record with a narration about returning to our regular program (or something along that line).  I don't think I could have gotten that far into it before taking ice picks to my ears...

So...you don't like it...others do..what's the big deal or point?  If we all liked or disliked the same stuff, it would be a pretty boring world...

I used a parody of it because a local Disc Jockey (Bob Rivers) used it to promote our Seahawks!!

For some of us it is Christmas Lights set to music...not necessarily Christmas Music set to lights...

Edited by jimswinder
  • Like 2

I don't care for it either but  my wife likes it and had a singing faces version for a while. It's still better than 99 percent of hip hop.

Let It Go has nothing to do with xmas but it's a very popular sequence, particularly with the yutes.  While it's desirable to have a halloween/xmas flavor to your show, nothing wrong with incorporating a few non-holiday songs that make people smile or tap their feet.

While I'm doing the show for visitors, I'm also doing it for myself and going with songs that I enjoy. There are a number of halloween sequencs that are based on heavy metal type songs that deal with death, blood and guts.  Not my cup of tea so will never be included in my show, just to make it more "halloweeny" by someones else's definition.

BTW...the above paradoy did make me smile.

I

Edited by mpageler
  • Like 1

The Fox song was wildly popular in my show.   I use a request system which allows guests to pick a song and counts votes and plays.   Only one less vote than Let it go and  Fox was not even in the playlist for the entire season.  Many of my songs are not Christmas and I like that way.  So .. what's the deal asking what's the deal?    

MiipStats.jpg

Thanks for the plug Jim.  Here's the one to which you referred:

Almost every time I was out front while it played, I heard an adult from some vehicle say "Thank God" when it ended.  Heard more than just a few kids groan as well.

Anyone wants the sequence let me know - it's free.

Edited by George Simmons

So...you don't like it...others do..what's the big deal or point?  If we all liked or disliked the same stuff, it would be a pretty boring world...

I used a parody of it because a local Disc Jockey (Bob Rivers) used it to promote our Seahawks!!

For some of us it is Christmas Lights set to music...not necessarily Christmas Music set to lights...

Wow, guess I hit a nerve with this one.  Just making conversation, people. I have still yet to meet one person that actually likes the song, thus, I was wondering why it was so pop. I actually never heard the song before watching some videos of Christmas lights.  Any time I click on a link that leads to that song playing, my kids threaten to move out.  Guess, if I think about it, I should start playing it 24/7.  However, the wife would soon follow the kids, and the neighbors have already threatened to burn down my display if I add that song. Wonder how they will feel when I add 2112 to my display?

Would it help redeem myself if I say "Mr. Christmas sucks", or will that just make the mob light the torches? 

Edited by Dcroc

George PLEASE send me the sequence...... that would be hysterical.   I am adding We Will Rock You by Queen, has nothing to do with Christmas but what could be cooler than singing trees singing we will rock you....   Thank you in advance.

paul.johnson3@cox.net

I should have known better.  I'm totally inept when it comes to following through on these things.  So let's do it this way - here's a Dropbox link that I'll keep active until either I need the space or until this thread gets buried far enough so no one will likely see it anymore:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lwxeln5dq12a5j8/AADibFMAv_kwSASo2WZARm11a?dl=0

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing George! I probably won't use it but i know I can learn from your sequencing style.

Thanks for sharing George! I probably won't use it but i know I can learn from your sequencing style.

You're welcome.

Just keep in mind that I probably spent less than two hours on it (including the song edit) so it might not be quite as precise as I usually strive for. I did it more for a joke than to show a serious sequence.

It was only popular because it was just different. I actually quite like it. It is different to most boring songs that are popular most of the time, and because of it I found out about Ylvis.

People will remember it for ever. When you type in "what noise", "what noise does a fox make?" is the first Google suggestion.

.... I actually quite like it. ...

Dont worry, I wont tell anyone

Honestly I can't decide whats worse, Gandam style, fox, or all about the bass. The music today is awful. I'm sure that's why george is stuck in the 70's lol

Ya...debating music taste is kind of like debating politics...no win situation.  Doesn't take much to turn debate snarky.

• 1 month later...

The song does have a dark verse in it.  I am amazed that no one has mentioned the reference to seal clubbing. 

on You Tube it has over 524,000,000 views! somebody likes it!

Views & likes are 2 very different things.

I bet 90% of those views were like mine, when I showed my wife & said "can you believe this crap"

Haters are gonna hate...i pick songs that I think my audience will enjoy...after all, they take the time to come and watch my lights...so why not make it enjoyable and a memory for them.

I think i agree with you Jim. But i am a hater of the haters gonna hate phrase.

Fox was very popular om my show. Its makes me grown and laugh and cringe. But i like it much more than lady 2ga.