Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D PC Connection Issues

asl9622

Comm-Check- Unit ID Check- Power to both sides of the card?

I am pretty sure power is going to both sides. The hardware utility says it found the controller on COM 5. I got to refresh and a bunch of unknowns pop up under unit ID. One weird thing is that I noticed I was using a CAT 6 cables and was able to find the controller but with a Cat 5 no luck. I have reset the board using the 12 dip switch power on and off. The board is blinking waiting for a connection to the PC. I am going to try my old unit real quick.

So my old unit was found and tested lights with no problem. The unit I am referring to is the 16 channel mini light one. 

Try plugging into the other jack on the board & refresh. Seems like it might be the one port is a little flaky.

You don't need power to both sides of the board for it to be recognized. Just the side with the controller circuit. If the LED is lit the you should be able to access it from the hardware utility.

Try plugging into the other jack on the board & refresh. Seems like it might be the one port is a little flaky.

You don't need power to both sides of the board for it to be recognized. Just the side with the controller circuit. If the LED is lit the you should be able to access it from the hardware utility.

I have tried this with little success. I have changed the unit ID manually to 02. That does show up as an unknown device on Hardware utility but the test light function does not turn the lights on. I am out of ideas. Thank you for the advice.

Does the LED just flash & at no time go to steady?

Correct. It keeps flashing. The auto configure says there is a light o rama device found on COM 5. I hit refresh on unit IDS and I get a bunch that say 08 Unknown, AD unknown etc. 

Mine does that sometimes.

1. If you have not, un-assign the other dongle and disconnect it

2. Reboot if you have not

3. Check all your com ports

Normally fixes the problems I get like this for me. I don't know exactly what causes it but I think it is something to do with Windows. Do you have Windows 8?

• The topic was locked